Go to footer

Make a big neck hole smaller? 1/6 solid head

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Make a big neck hole smaller? 1/6 solid head

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:54 pm

Any suggestions for using something I could easily find to make a neck hole smaller?

I have several hard solid 1/6 scale heads without any necks on the sculpts with big holes. Would appreciate any advice to make it easier to keep them from wobbling around on their neck knobs.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Make a big neck hole smaller? 1/6 solid head

Postby Kattriella » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 pm

Rather than making the neck hole smaller, you might have to try making the neck peg bigger somehow.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby maywong » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 am

I would make the neck peg bigger. You can use the grape method. Take a small plastic grape and put it over the existing neck hole to make the peg bigger. If that doesn't work use Sugru to make the peg bigger. It's flexible and you can mold it. It's safe to use and it air dries.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:14 am

I've used acrylic caulk (make sure it's paintable 100% vinyl acrylic) on soft vinyl playline dolls (Barbie) to make the holes just a smidge smaller. I don't know how well it would work with hard heads, or if the size change needed is more than a millimeter or so, but maybe something similar could be used. Alternately, try to find a rubber washer that fits the neck peg (or make one) and then stuff that in the giant head hole if it's something like the ancient knockoff fashion dolls that had a big ball up in there instead of a peg.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks