Go to footer

can you swap feets with obitsu and dollfie?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

can you swap feets with obitsu and dollfie?

Postby kittyasauras » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Hello there! This forum seems to be a bit active, or at least a ton more active than the others that I found. D: My husband has a volks 27cm dollfie and he poses him a lot. But he gets aggravated sometimes because he can't balance him in the extreme poses that he wants to. So for christmas I thought about modding the feet to have magnets, but looking at them there isn't a lot of room at all to drill a hole and glue magnets in. And plus if I mess up, it's not right because it's not my doll. I saw that obitsu sells the magnet feet separately and I was wanting to know if I could swap out the feet? I don't have an obitsu to compare so I don't know how the feet attach or if the holes and the rods are the same size...

Thanks for the help! ; )
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Re: can you swap feets with obitsu and dollfie?

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:01 am

Well, my female 27cm Volks and Obitsus swap feet really easily. No modding or anything. Just remember Volks Natural = Obitsu Flesh tone, and Obitsu pale = Volks white.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Like KD-san says, you can easily swap them (is it an EBN, EBC, Neo Guy or Neo Goh Guy?)but you may need to carve the pegs/rods on the Obitsu feet a bit depending on the model you have. They may fit as is, but sometimes, they need a tiny bit of help. (I've had easy ones that fit right in and then other times, I had to carve them down a little.) Just depends on the exact doll. Some are a little different than others, I guess. ^^

The one thing is that the Obitsu feet are HUGE. I mean, gigantic, super long. The Volks feet are tiny compared to the Obitsu.

The other option is that if you have the EBN or EBC, you can just pop that bottom 'peg cover' out of the foot, and insert your magnet there instead. It would need to be a slender magnet, but it could work with some tweaking ^^.

Good luck!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

it's the EBN, I should have put that in the post.

Oh, I didn't think of that! I'll try that if the obitsu feet don't work. I just ordered some. : )

Thanks for your help. I'll post back here when I receive the package. JSpot is always super fast.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Okay, so you can't swap the male volks feet for male obitsu feet. I peg on the obitsu is huge compared to the volks. I don't know if you can use the female feet though. So I'm going to try the magnet thing.
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks