Go to footer

Not really clothes but dolls wear them too....

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Not really clothes but dolls wear them too....

Postby Wardah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:45 pm

I have a question about wigs that is not size specific and since dolls wear wigs like they do clothes this is where I thought to put it. Is there any way streaks of another color hair or tinsel thread be added to a wig?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Not really clothes but dolls wear them too....

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:07 am

Sure - you can do it a couple of ways.

1. Wigs are made of wefts - bunches of hair sewn along the edge. You can make a tiny weft of the highlight hair you want and sew that in between some existing wefts (just google wig weft making for instructions) or
2. Most wigs are made of the wefts being sewn onto a mesh type of fabric. Don't know if you've ever done a latch-hook rug, but you can add hair by using that same technique to knot your streak around the mesh. http://www.woolneedlework.com/latch_hook/how_to_latch_hook_instructions.htm This explains how to latch hook. Mind you a latch-hook would be far too big to do this on a wig mesh, but you could probably do this with a needle and thread as well.

There are probably other ways as well :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Wardah » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:34 am

What about the hard cap wigs like Liv or Moxie Teenz?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Wardah wrote:What about the hard cap wigs like Liv or Moxie Teenz?

I think those are rooted on plastic based caps because there's a peg in the middle and they're way too big on small dolls like Obitsu. They might work for some bigger dolls like Hujoo's.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:48 am

I know which doll they work on but I want to know if Greyhaunt's method to add hair or tinsel works or if I would need to find another method.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Sock and Awe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:50 am

You could most likely get it though with a very sharp and probably big needle but it would take some work. and the plastic wouldn't be very giving You'd need to make the knot larger so it wouldn't slip back out. I would recommend getting one with a mesh top to work with instead.
Sock and Awe

Postby Wardah » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Back on the subject of Liv caps, I found this tutorial and I wonder if the pieces of fur could be glued to a Liv cap instead of sewing them together?

http://www.bjdcollectasy.com/articles/c ... oject.html
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm sure you could glue them to the Liv cap but it seems from the tutorial that it would almost more benefit from just leaving out the Liv cap if you want a fur wig.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks