Go to footer

Question on removing.. everything

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Question on removing.. everything

Postby ivory stardust » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:40 pm

I just noticed today that my one Volks boy is filthy. Not as in he needs a bath, it's IN the sealant. This is the one my friend and I did the body blushing in a couple weeks ago, and my friend (who is a smoker) was handling him the most. My best guess is residue from my friend's hands. I discovered this when I had to remove a small section of the sealant, and saw the *huge* difference between the spot and the rest of the doll.

So, only thing I can think of to do is strip him down. I used non-acetone nail polish remover earlier, for that spot. can I just dunk him in a bath of that? Because it took a ridiculous amount of scrubbing to get that spot clean... I don't have the hand strength (thank you, carpal tunnel) to do his whole body. Is that safe? Is there a better way? Or is it a case of once sealed, too bad? He's sealed with ZM spray, if that makes a difference.
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Re: Question on removing.. everything

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Are you talking a resin doll, or a 1/6 scale vinyl/plastic doll like a NEO Goh? That may make a difference in recommendations :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby ivory stardust » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:03 pm

~headdesk~ Totally forgot to say that. Um... I'm not sure what he is. He's a 27cm Volks New-EB N. This one, to be exact. http://www.volksusa.com/2227eb0024.html
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Vinyl. Do not dunk in a bath of even non-acetone remover. Bad things can happen.

Try 90% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a Mr. Clean sponge. That should get everything off.

EDIT:

This is why you never, never, never, never, NEVER clean vinyl with an ACETONE nail polish remover

All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby ivory stardust » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:57 am

That ^ makes me sad. Poor dollieh!! ~makes mental note to be completely sure all acetone is avoided~

Thanks for the tips. I'll grab the sponge on my next shopping trip and get my boy all cleaned up. ^_^
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks