Go to footer

Making a wig

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Making a wig

Postby catshem » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 am

So, I'm making a wig for my Volks doll because the whole rooting thing did not work. :evil: My thread kept snapping and I guess I wasn't using a big enough needle to make a whole large enough for the hair to pass through. OH WELL! It's good to learn how to make a wig anyway! So, here's my WIP:
Cheesecloth was glued over plastic wrap on the head. (I used cheesecloth because we have a HUGE piece of it for whatever the heck we bought it for, I don't even remember. It was the best fabric I could find that would be ideal for this.)
That's a wig cap that was still drying. I haven't glued hair to it yet. I want to learn more about this wig making before I do it.
My first layer. I was using fabric glue and when I checked it today it looks to be holding up well. I did just glue on another layer. When that dries I think I can move on to try making a 'part' by sewing hair in instead of gluing. Uh, hope it helps to cover some of the smaller gaps.
My kitchen table. I just had to show you that my husband complained about my "mess" when he's covered the table with his supplements and protein powders -_-
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Making a wig

Postby catshem » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Wig's done! ... I'm going to make a hat to hide the top of it.
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Resu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 pm

If you're having difficulty doing the part, this tutorial (warning: boobs) explains how to do that using glue. Maybe that can help you?

I've been trying to figure out how to make a wig for a 27cm Obitsu for some time, but the premade wefts seemed too big. It never occurred to me to try gluing loose hair to a wig cap. I might just try that now. XD
Last edited by Resu on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby maywong » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 pm

maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks