Go to footer

Copic Sketch

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Copic Sketch

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat May 08, 2010 7:49 pm

I was at Hobby Lobby today and came across a super fine marker called Copic Sketch and bought one. I remember coming across a discussion thread somewhere on DoA where people discussed the pros/cons of using markers, including Sharpies, for eye liner and even brows.

Now this particular marker is not permanent, but is apparently alcohol based. Does anyone know how this might work as an eyeliner on resin?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Copic Sketch

Postby tigerbaby » Sun May 09, 2010 6:36 am

Nope - any alcohol-based marker would be a 'no', for the same reason we rinse after wiping a faceup with alcohol. If Copic markers worked on resin, the word would be all over the place, especially 'coz you can airbrush with them.

Supposedly there is one type of Gundam paint marker which deemed to be resin-safe, and only the black, and it is acrylic, not alcohol.

Besides, markers give too 'hard' a line to make for a nice appearance on a faceup, imho. Even on 'real' makeup, the only marker-type liner I know of has a fude-style brush point, and I have found they yield best result when half dried-out.
tigerbaby

Re: Copic Sketch

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 am

Yeah, the alcohol concerned me. Well, I'll give it to my daughter to use for her manga drawings.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks