Go to footer

Questions about Moxie Teenz

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Questions about Moxie Teenz

Postby PerlaNemesis » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 am

I just bought Moxie Teenz Tristen and now have some questions about her.
Since all my dolls are 1/6 (and some smaller) I have problem with her clothes and shoes. In one topic of this forum I found this picture and now I wonder if Moxie Teenz can wear MSD clothes and shoes? And what about wigs? By the way, her wig falls down easily, so is there any way to make it stay on her head?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Questions about Moxie Teenz

Postby Linteia » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Well, for the wig I have poster putty holding the back of her skull on (I modded her) and it keeps the wig on fairly well to boot, but you could also use moleskin I bet. Her wigs are pretty tight fitting so I don't think you could put a wig cap under it or a rubber band.

As for clothes, here's a side-by-side of her with a 1/4th.

This is a BBB Ariel, and she's a little chunkier, but as you can see there's a bit of a size difference. MT's feet arc and are much smaller than the MSD girl's, which are flat, so I would assume that she would flop around and fall over in them unless they were modified. Mine can't really share clothes except a few shirts and dresses that I can pin up easily, but I've heard of thinner MSD's like RS wearing MT clothes, so I think as long as you made sure the clothes were made for a thinner sculpt it would work, though they might be a little long.

Hope that helped a little.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:58 pm

I have a smaller MSD, Orientdoll which compares to Gene, and the Moxie Teenz is smaller than that. She's bigger than Darci/Jem as well. So far the MT can't share clothes with anyone else I have. You an check toysrus.com and see if they have any outfits left. I haven't found a wig solution and have a spare one that's even harder to keep on. To my knowledge the dance ones are rooted.

There is a pattern book for Moxie Teenz http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/j ... t_3385703_
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby magkelly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:30 pm

MT girls are too big for most Barbie shirts and jeans but they can wear Jem stuff, shoes even so long as they are the squishy kind, not the molded ones. Ken shirts fit though as do some older dresses. The Ken jeans are short but can be worn. The Hari kit shoes also fit but you have to sand down the plugs. The Ty Girlz outfits fit them very well. My MT's have a whole wardrobe of their stuff to wear actually. I have used some 16" girl things on them from Tonner etc but it's very much hit or miss as to what works and what doesn't.

But there's more out there than most people think that fits them, at least when it comes to the girls. My boy on the other hand is proving to be a bit of a challenge. The one pair of MT jeans I have just barely fit him, but the other 3 don't for some reason. I guess the one pair was made just a bit bigger. He can fit into Ken shirts all right, but his feet are too big for Ken shoes and too short and small for Tonner. So far the only pair I have that will fit him besides his dress shoes are a pair of clunky boots offsome action figure. I can get him dressed casually but it's not so easy. I'm definitely going to be making him his own wardrobe and maybe some casual shoes. I really wish they'd make a few outfits for Gavin if for no other reason than I could use some more shoes!

I've looked and there does seem to be some stuff on the BJD stores that might fit okay but I can't really afford $20 for a pair of shoes so...
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 am

I know for some odd sized doll feet Hujoo shoes seem to work. Maybe buy a pair off Junkyspot and see how you like 'em?

Maybe the clothes will fit too at least some of the shirts? I know Hujoo's are 1/6 but becase of their huge heads some things are made baggier like hoodies to accomodiate them.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:06 am

1/6 Hujoos are much shorter and smaller than Moxies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby PerlaNemesis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Linteia can you explain a bit about poster putty and moleskin? I'm total noob when it comes to such things. ^^; I will look into RS girls, though. Thanks for info. Maybe you know more thin MSDs?
DollyKim toysrus.com have only dolls left. Same goes for UK version.
magkelly I have tried some Barbie clothes and few of them fit my girl but are too short. Summer clothes of my Ken fit nicely but then he would be left naked. :D Right now Tristen is wearing her original shirt and knit skirt which was made for Barbie but fits Moxie Teenz nicely. I also found some old knit clothes for her which were too big for Barbie. Besides, clothes can be sewn but shoes are real problem. Yeah, $20 for shoes is expensive. :/
Alopecia No Hime I live in Europe, so JS is out of my reach (shipping costs $20) but I saw some shoes at MimiWoo.

I measured my Moxie Teenz fett and the results are: ~3,5cm (lenght) and ~1,5cm (width) According to JS, 24cm Hujoo feet size is 3,5cm so their shoes should fit?
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Offhand I'd say if it fits a Hujoo it should fit the Moxie teen.

As far as wigs go, what you want to do is measure the head around the rim where the wig sits - this will tell you what sized wig the doll can fit. My best guess (I have two, but I've not measured them) is that they probably will take a 6-7 or 5-7 wig (those numbers, by the way, are the measurement in inches) which is much smaller than an MSD. Probably you'll want to look in the Yo-SD sizes for possible clothing. Nothing will fit perfectly, but maybe with some adjusting?

What I recommend is to take the basic measurements on your doll and, like you did with the shoe size, and compare to existing dolls. I suspect that they will fit an odd mix of a bit here and a bit there. Not MSD though - those would definitely be too long and too wide - even the slender MSDs.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Linteia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Poster putty is an adhesive putty that leaves no residue that is usually used to hang pictures in dorm rooms but it also works pretty well for positioning doll eyes and wigs. I cut off the back of my MTs head so there's poster putty holding on her skullcap but it also secures her wig pretty well. Another way you can use it is to make a thin rope and press it into the edge of the wig before sliding it on her head.

Moleskin in this case refers to the kind you find in the shoe section of department stores. It's adhesive on one side and slightly fuzzy on the other. It adds a little more friction and texture for the wig to grip.

Also, the curve of MT feet makes me think they would work really well with the "high heel" Hujoo shoes and the others would probably fit as well.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby PerlaNemesis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Greyhaunt As far as I have heard, Liv and Moxie Teenz can take 4-5 or 6-7 wigs depending on company. If I'm not mistaken the head is ~5,5 inches.
And thanks for the tips. :)
Linteia Thanks for explanation. I will see that I can do about my doll.
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks