Go to footer

Changing Hands on 60cm Obitsu

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Changing Hands on 60cm Obitsu

Postby Medieval » Sun May 16, 2010 12:17 pm

I'm having difficulties changing the hands on my 60cm Obitsu girly. I don't own a hair dryer so have tried to carefully use a heat embossing tool which warms the hand up to the point of making the fingers malleable, but I still can't pull her hand off. I'm obviously worried that undue force will break the joint or peg in the hand itself, which whilst not the end of the world is a pain because of the delay in getting replacement parts to the UK.

Any suggestions? :?: I have thought about dipping her hands in warm water but don't know if this will result in just the same as before, but with a dripping doll. Does anyone else have similar problems? I would really love to use the alternative hands . . . .
Medieval

Re: Changing Hands on 60cm Obitsu

Postby K2! » Tue May 18, 2010 6:30 am

The dipping in hot water method for warming vinyl to a more malleable state is reported to be an effective method for removing vinyl parts. I haven't tried this as I have a hair drier I bought specifically for that purpose.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Changing Hands on 60cm Obitsu

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue May 18, 2010 8:58 am

A heat embossing tool is too hot - don't use it. You aren't going to get the heat to where it needs to be without possibly damaging vinyl. Go with the warm water method.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks