Go to footer

Help Needed!!!

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Help Needed!!!

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 pm

I figured this was the best place to get assistance with a problem I have with my mini-Riz. Her face fell on the carpet a few days ago, I inspected it and didn't see anything wrong, but in the glaring overhead lights at the meet-up this Saturday (which was at a library) I realized she has a tiny HOLE in her forehead! Like something she would have gotten if she had fallen on the tip of a needle. It isn't completely through the resin or even very deep. If she had skin, I'm not even sure it would have bled.

I showed her to another meet-up member who has modded dolls and her only recommendation was something she hadn't even done herself - sticking Anji's face into boiling water to "pop out" the hole. Has anyone here tried that? Cat told me she had "heard" it works - with that apologetic "not that I would ever want to try it" look. Haha.

Anji doesn't have a faceup yet, so nothing to ruin there. I just doing want to risk damaging her face. Perhaps there's a less dangerous fix? Like a sealer or a filler or something??

*whimper*
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Help Needed!!!

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 pm

resin has memory. I remember some one mentioning that a doll had taken a dent to the nose and that boiling corrected it. I cant remember where though. people use boilin water or steam to change the shape of the fingers on a doll hand. if you drop said hand back into the boiling water later, the fingers will return to thier original postion. I dont have any first hand information. I would suggest asking at DOA, with as many people as there are on that board it is likely someone will have had a simular experience.
leopardessmoon

Re: Help Needed!!!

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 pm

I've seen the pictures on DoA from a dog-mauling where the resin was dented rather than chipped. Boiling water popped it right back out again, good as new. Other folks with similar problems have tried and and gotten similar results.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks