Go to footer

Gelled doll hair

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Gelled doll hair

Postby Broken_Doll_Dreams » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 am

You know how some new Dolly's hair are gelled to keep it in place, and the hair is all hard and stuff? Well, is anyone else wondering what exactly the stuff put in there is and where can you get it?
Broken_Doll_Dreams

Re: Gelled doll hair

Postby Evelien » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Ahem... I can't answer your question but may I please ask you not to write in pink anymore? XD I'm not a mod, I'm just asking for myself... I can't read it at all. Perhaps you're using a different forum layout and you can read it fine, but for me it looks like this:

I'd hate to have to select your posts every time just so I can read them... thanks... and sorry if this isn't bothering anyone else...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Broken_Doll_Dreams » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Evelien wrote:Ahem... I can't answer your question but may I please ask you not to write in pink anymore? XD I'm not a mod, I'm just asking for myself... I can't read it at all. Perhaps you're using a different forum layout and you can read it fine, but for me it looks like this:

I'd hate to have to select your posts every time just so I can read them... thanks... and sorry if this isn't bothering anyone else...

Oh dear I'm terribly sorry, mine looks different that yours so I can see mine. Sorry
Broken_Doll_Dreams

Postby MissIscariot » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:27 pm

After a quick search I found this tutorial: http://www.dolls-n-daggers.com/Dolls/OO ... hp#Styling It seems pretty in-depth!
MissIscariot

Postby Evelien » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:52 am

Broken_Doll_Dreams wrote:
Evelien wrote:Ahem... I can't answer your question but may I please ask you not to write in pink anymore? XD I'm not a mod, I'm just asking for myself... I can't read it at all. Perhaps you're using a different forum layout and you can read it fine, but for me it looks like this:

Oh dear I'm terribly sorry, mine looks different that yours so I can see mine. Sorry

No need to be terribly sorry ;). I understand the need to colour the world pink, I love that colour too. Haha!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 am

To keep hair in place, you can use reg. hair gel, Volks hair wax,or watered down washable Elmer's glue to name a few.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Broken_Doll_Dreams » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 pm

maywong wrote:To keep hair in place, you can use reg. hair gel, Volks hair wax,or watered down washable Elmer's glue to name a few.

Thankyou :)
Broken_Doll_Dreams

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks