Go to footer

Adding magnets to non magnet obitsu?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Adding magnets to non magnet obitsu?

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 am

I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get my 11 cm Obitsu and since I prefer magnet over regular...Would it be possible to add magnets to the 11 cm's feet?
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Adding magnets to non magnet obitsu?

Postby K2! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:41 am

Alopecia No Hime wrote:I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get my 11 cm Obitsu and since I prefer magnet over regular...Would it be possible to add magnets to the 11 cm's feet?

Sure, you can add magnets to the feet of an 11cm, but for $2.00 more ($21.99 instead of $19.99) you can have it already done by the factory and get the base plate. Unless you've got just the right size magnets and the tools laying around, you'll pay much more than $2.00 in postage just to get the magnets shipped. And then there is the time involved. With the very small size of the parts involved there is some precision work to be done and it would be very easy to ruin one of those tiny feet with a slip of the drill.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 am

K2 is right - I accidentally bought the non-magnet kind and I do regret it.

If you already have them though - it's easy enough to do. There is a little round plug in the bottom of the feet - just use a pin to poke it out (seriously, it's soft and easy to remove) and you have instant magnet hole. Just buy the right sized magnets and you are good to go.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby K2! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:If you already have them though - it's easy enough to do. There is a little round plug in the bottom of the feet - just use a pin to poke it out (seriously, it's soft and easy to remove) and you have instant magnet hole. Just buy the right sized magnets and you are good to go.

So the non magnetic feet have the holes already and are just plugged?
Hmph.
I was not aware of that. I only have the magnetic 11cms.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:42 am

K2! wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:If you already have them though - it's easy enough to do. There is a little round plug in the bottom of the feet - just use a pin to poke it out (seriously, it's soft and easy to remove) and you have instant magnet hole. Just buy the right sized magnets and you are good to go.

So the non magnetic feet have the holes already and are just plugged?
Hmph.
I was not aware of that. I only have the magnetic 11cms.

I was surprised myself - but yep, the plugs are a softer vinyl and you can easily pop them out with a pin :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure which would be cheaper initially. I was kicking myself when I got Haruka because I wound up having to buy her magnetic replacement feet later on. I'm glad that either way there'll be a way.

Thank you again.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks