Go to footer

Adventures In Dying Liv Wigs....

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Re: Adventures In Dying Liv Wigs....

Postby magkelly » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah, I did, both times. There's got to be something about this one particular wig that's a little off. I even tried finishing it off with an aqua acrylic soak last night just to see if maybe I could get the last of the blond to dye? While that worked, kind of, you, at least most of the leftover blond hairs are a very light aqua now you can still tell that the wig was ultra blond at one point. The red wig I am trying looks like it's taking the dye okay so it's got to be that either that wig is off or there is something about aqua/blue ink that doesn't let it set right. I'm going to try it again with fresh markers and another Sophie wig just to see what happens. I'm really curious to see what might happen with a different wig. As far as I can tell the only difference between wig one and wig three and and wig two is that it was just a bit thinner than the other two wigs. The hair fiber looks the same and it's the same blond. Maybe it's just not a great batch of hair that they used that time, who knows? But I want to take another wig and see...
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks