Go to footer

Purity Seal

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Purity Seal

Postby fleacollar999 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Has anybody used it? Emory sells it at the Junky Spot, and it's the same price as 1 can of MSC UV Cut but it's got like 3x the.... spray. I'm looking to dye Nissh within the next month (yay spring break!) and I want to know if Purity Seal is any good or if I should just spring for the MSC. Thanks for your time!
fleacollar999.deviantart.com

Lourdes- 27cm Obitsu
Clara- 27cm Obitsu
Emma- Liv
Antigone (Tigs)- Hujoo Berry
Nissh- Pukipuki Pukisha
Rhode "Pyxy" Maxwell- BBB Rachel on RS Xue body
Roshana Sa'adat- Desert Jewelz Bratz
fleacollar999
Dolly Pardon

Re: Purity Seal

Postby thisstrangeforest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 pm

I was looking at this just now too. I saw the first ingredient was acetone and I was like ??? Then again I've never checked the ingredients on MSC. Anyone tried it?
At home: Faun
thisstrangeforest
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Siead » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 pm

i use purity seal on my minis and have used it on some of the dolls i have. it words fine on hard vinyl, i haveny tried it on doll resin yet but it seems fine on the stuff used in minis. the only problem is soft vinyl, like barbie heads or the soft-bust type dolls. it makes them sticky as hell and does not come off. i experimented on an obitsu soft bust/ hands/ head, and had to toss the part because she was unusable after that. but anything hard-pastic should be fine.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Sounds like the same way Testor's supposedly reacts to vinyl, but I've never seen the reaction firsthand.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Siead » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 am

it was gross. i used a toothbrush, a magic eraser, even some eco cleaner (and when i gave up) bleach, and it was still a nasty textre to touch and ughhh. so ya, only on hard plastics. lol.
EDIT
i tried Reaper Brush-on Sealer (code 09107) on the obitsu gretel head. on the soft cap it didnt make that sticky texture, and it's non-toxic. disadvantage is it's water solubule so i'll have to be careful about washing her n such but it's an alternative.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks