Go to footer

Sharpie on Obitsu on purpose?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Re: Sharpie on Obitsu on purpose?

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:38 pm

I suggest using acrylic paint I know some people in the MH customizing business use some alternatives...I think I heard modge podge being used once.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby iron_dog » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 pm

yeah, the hard body type *snicker* is the point of concern that the face-up artist had and getting the paint to stick. Good to know about the Testors before hand. Whatever I do end up with, I'll be sure to red the label carefully.

Hmmm, I wonder if some of the top coats that are used on acrylic nails would be a suitable sealer. There is a beauty supply place literally across the street from my work and they sell to the public. Might be worth my while to check that out....
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:17 pm

BE careful with Modge Podge. If you live in an area with humidity Modge Podge will not try properly and will remain sticky - FOREVER. I used it to put a gloss finish on gaming minatures when I lived in Austin, TX and that was probably close to 10 years ago - to this day they are sticky ><
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby iron_dog » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Usually the humidity only invades us in the summer months and that's mostly due to living on the edge of one of the Great Lakes. But that is good to know about the Modge Podge. Considering the way my cat sheds if you even look at him sideways, I could see a very fuzzy doll in my future if that were to happen and that look is so not Moswen *giggles*.
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Postby richila » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 pm

I have no tips to add, but I am really looking forward to a tiny Moswen. I love Moswen! :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby iron_dog » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Moswen is... well, Moswen. he's a lot of fun and quite demanding at times but I just love him to bits.
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks