Go to footer

Easy Glasses (edited)

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Re: Easy Glasses (edited)

Postby mica » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 pm

YAY! How freaking awesome is that!!!!
Right out of her box!! :D
I didn't let any of the marker anywhere near where they touch the dolls
Kerryth- Delilah Noir Dark and Defiant
Anakin- Goodreau Schemer
Robin- Impdoll Bobo
Willow- Hujoo Suve........Bran- Hujoo Suve
Atrus- Domuya Venturo......Miriana- Delf EL
Riven- Dollzone Yuu
mica
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby SugarCorpse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:17 am

I am so going to try this when i get my doll!
SugarCorpse

Postby IssaRissa » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:52 am

I saw a great way to do this on another forum (think it was DoA)!! Same basic principle, except the person printed out pictures of real glasses from the internet (resized of course) and glued a plastic "lens" behind it! I've been saving my plastic to make these for my doll!
IssaRissa~<3
IssaRissa
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 pm

IssaRissa wrote:I saw a great way to do this on another forum (think it was DoA)!! Same basic principle, except the person printed out pictures of real glasses from the internet (resized of course) and glued a plastic "lens" behind it! I've been saving my plastic to make these for my doll!

Good idea, but if you print them on paper wouldn't they be very flimsy? How would you make them stay on the head?

I was thinking maybe cutting pices for the frames out of really thin black plastic (one piece for the front, one each for the parts that go behind the ears) and then gluing them onto the clear plastic, which would give the whole thing support as well as make up the lenses. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet, though...

The plastic is good for a lot of things. :) I used it for a handbag for Spectra too.
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose

Postby IssaRissa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 am

GrandDaughter wrote:
IssaRissa wrote:I saw a great way to do this on another forum (think it was DoA)!! Same basic principle, except the person printed out pictures of real glasses from the internet (resized of course) and glued a plastic "lens" behind it! I've been saving my plastic to make these for my doll!

Good idea, but if you print them on paper wouldn't they be very flimsy? How would you make them stay on the head?

I was thinking maybe cutting pices for the frames out of really thin black plastic (one piece for the front, one each for the parts that go behind the ears) and then gluing them onto the clear plastic, which would give the whole thing support as well as make up the lenses. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet, though...

The plastic is good for a lot of things. :) I used it for a handbag for Spectra too.

There are 2 good ways to get around the flimsiness. You could make the entire shape of the glasses with the plastic then glue the paper "frames" over the top. Another good way would simply to be to print the frames on cardstock. That goes through a normal printer just as well, and holds up.
IssaRissa~<3
IssaRissa
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Siead » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:54 pm

you can also get inkjet- friendly plastic "paper" that they use on old-fashioned light projectors like they had in schools when i was a kid.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SugarCorpse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 am

Siead wrote:you can also get inkjet- friendly plastic "paper" that they use on old-fashioned light projectors like they had in schools when i was a kid.

I remember that! they still use it at most of the schools here =D some have fancy paperless projectors that hook up to computers now though lol, it was fun watching teachers trying to figure out how to hook them up to lap tops.
SugarCorpse

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks