Go to footer

Help...How to tighten my bitty bitsu's joints?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Help...How to tighten my bitty bitsu's joints?

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 am

Her legs, feet and hands are tight but her arm pegs are WORSE then Haruka who's infamous for losing limbs at random and it's pissed me off to no end since losing my clear nail polish. I decided to try hot glue but I wanna make sure that I heard correctly about that helping if I just used a small amount and wipe off the excess quickly. I don't wanna wreck my doll so some advice please?

EDIT: I normally use clear nail polish but I want a permanent solution. This is the first modding my little one will get. Ever.

EDit: Done. It was a success! I did it in all of the joints in her arms and they're better then ever!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Help...How to tighten my bitty bitsu's joints?

Postby famedglory » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Congrats on fixing her! I didn't know you could use hot glue on those pegs, so that's interesting. I had the same problem with my little 11cm girl, Honoka, and last week I finally fixed her using the clear nail polish method. Amazing what a difference it makes.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks. I heard about it from another member on here and on Jspot and I thought I should give it a try.

I had been using the nail polish but it kept peeling off after a few photoshoots so I decided to use the hot glue. I'm in love all over again.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

I wonder if the hot glue will fix the arm trouble I'm having with my 27cm obitsu? They keep falling out of the shoulders.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks