Go to footer

applying eyelashes to vinyl doll with painted face-up

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

applying eyelashes to vinyl doll with painted face-up

Postby Lif » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 am

Well the title says it all I guess.
I recently bought a Jolina Balerina doll (yesss she arrived already! :D). As I just love their looks. In time I want to customise her with a complete new face-up so she looks a bit more real. I really would love to give her glass eyes but I am not sure I am brave enough to cut holes in my dolls head just yet. So for now I will keep it "simple" and paint one on. The one thing I feel is needed for a really nice face-up are eyelashes which she standard does not have (well she does but their painted on). I know I once saw a tutorial about making an incision and "shoving" the eyelashes into that incision with some glue to keep them in place. But of course now I need it I can't find it anymore. :roll:
So, if someone could help me out with some tips and or tricks on this or some other way of giving my doll a set of nice eyelashes that wont come off that easely, then I would really appreciate it!
Could also always do with some tips and tricks on face-ups altho I found some nice ones already :)
Thanks in advance!
BJD's:
Audrey: Soulkid Liddell
Molly: Bambicrony Ciao Roko
Blythe (clone)
Pip: Myserious Blythe clone
Other
Kuma: Toy Field Kuma bear (small)
Isaac: commercial cheapisch baby dolly (but extremely cute!)
Read about them: Spark-a-doodle
Lif
Dolly Pardon

Re: applying eyelashes to vinyl doll with painted face-up

Postby Evelien » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am

Eek, scary. I don't want to scare you but I think it's pretty hard to make it look good. I've never done it before myself so I can't really help you... I hope someone else can!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:40 pm

I think SetsunaKou added "real" eyelashes to one of her Disney Princess dolls. I seem to remember a thread about something like that. Maybe you should ask her?
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby yarwel » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

I have a doll who came with eyelashes installed that way from the factory, so it does work and the lashes are secure. When the slit closes it pinches the eyelashes in place really nicely. If it were me I would practice on a less expensive doll that I don't like as much; maybe even pick a practice doll up at a secondhand shop.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks