Go to footer

Rooting tool issues

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Rooting tool issues

Postby claws » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:19 pm

I've been rerooting some heads using the tension method with the rooting tool from Dollyhair.com. It was going well for a while, but then I started having trouble with the needle in the tool- it keeps getting pushed in when I root, no matter how much I tighten the tool. I've tried pulling the needle out a little farther before tightening it, and then when that didn't work, pushing the needle in a little more before tightening. It only seemed to start giving me trouble when I started adding hair to a pre-rooted head (the other head is getting all new hair and is working out fine). It's very, very annoying and I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem and how you fixed it (unless this just requires unwavering patience...please tell me it doesn't require unwavering patience. Or even wavering patience...) :?
Thanks! :D
claws
Dolly Pardon

Re: Rooting tool issues

Postby KitKat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Ok...I have the SAME exact tool and I had the SAME exact problem. It's simply an issue of force. The tool can't really handle that much force being put on it. My recommendation would bee to go old school.

Take one of the rooting needles and a dowl rod. Drill a small hole in the rod, the rod is the handle. Put the needle into the hole and hot glue the needle in place. That way you have more of a handle that can't move. It's a little ghetto but it works.

Good Luck.
KitKat
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks