Go to footer

Making a Doll Joint...

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Making a Doll Joint...

Postby magkelly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:59 am

I would like to mod Delilah's feet so she has a joint in there and can bend her foot. Her ankle is hollow. Her feet have pegs that go up into those. I was thinking and wondering if something might work. If I removed her pegs, made a bead that would fit up into her hollow ankle, added a washer, threaded wire or elastic through holes drilled into her foot or maybe figured out how to use a pin in someway in the foot could I not end up with a bendable foot? I'm basically trying to figure out how to use that hollow core to give her ankles that bend. The fact that she doesn't have posable ankles is Delilah Noir's one fatal flaw and I just have this idea of getting around that somehow maybe now that I have a rotary tool. It can't be that hard to give a doll bendable ankles, can it?
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Making a Doll Joint...

Postby K2! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Here's something to look in to. They're joints similar to those used in the 1/3 scale Obitsus. They come in three sizes and two colors. Junky Spot should be able to get them.
http://www.obitsu.co.jp/supply/obikyu.html
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby magkelly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:01 pm

If that works how I think it does it will save me a lot of work. I'll send them an email later and ask. I can't read any of this unfortunately but it looks about right. I'd really love to do this though. I don't understand at all why Ashton Drake did not give her jointed ankles instead of pegs. I mean heck even $12 Barbies have jointed ankles now. You'd think that a doll that retailed for $150 certainly would. Then again I guess I am not all that surprised. Delilah herself is pretty okay, barring the staining issues with the debut doll and the fact that some people had issues with changing out her feet on the older dolls. But her shoes are definitely not the best made things in the world. The outfits are mostly made well but the shoes definitely had major QC issues. Half of the shoes I got with her I've had to reglue the soles or otherwise alter just so she could wear them.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Rosinha » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:36 am

Did you get to mod the ankles? I'm on the fence of purchasing a Delilah, I like the face sculpt. Do the "mannequins" also have stains?
Rosinha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 am

The mannequins are sold unclothed I think? Its the clothes that were staining. My gram has the vampire one, and we've had to stain treat her so many times from her default clothing sets. Just be careful with what you put on her, and maybe take a page from Obitsu and Dollfie collectors and get some plain white or skin tone leotards for her to wear under things.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Rosinha » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:49 am

OK, I thought the stains were from the vinyl wearing out. The mannequin doll comes in a short light-coloured outfit, not likely to stain. I read the Debut doll had stains, but maybe that was from the clothes. Thanks for the tip!
Rosinha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks