Go to footer

Storage and transportation help

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Storage and transportation help

Postby Lyraca » Mon May 27, 2013 6:06 pm

I am looking for a better way to store and transport my new soom gena doll. I have her original cardboard shipping box but that only offers so much protection. I found a carrier here http://www.usagihime.com/goods.php?id=78 but there doesn't seem to be much padding. I am kinda stumped can anyone help?
Lyraca
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Storage and transportation help

Postby Yanagi-sen » Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 am

That is a fairly standard doll carrier. If you are worried and got cushions with your doll, you can always use them for extra padding. If you didn't you can always make some. The dolls really aren't as fragile as you may think. I have a doll carrier like that, made for 1 MSD... and I regularly carry four MSD and two tinies, plus use the outside pouches for my cell phone, wallet, and other stuff when I fly. I wrap each doll in a separate WHITE piece of fabric so they don't pick up miscellaneous stains from someone else's clothes/shoes, and have face up protectors on their heads.

If I'm only bringing one with me to school, I just wrap them in the white cloth, put a face up protector on them, and sit them in my school bag. Twice I've taken a doll to Europe on the school trip just sitting in my personal item (messenger bag or backpack). Mainly watch the fingers, or ears if they have something besides human ones.
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Storage and transportation help

Postby Lyraca » Fri May 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still really new to this type of doll so I really was unsure of what was going to be safe or not. I am going to have to get a face protector as well since she didn't come with one or a pillow.
Lyraca
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks