Go to footer

Is it possible to make a MH female into a male?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Is it possible to make a MH female into a male?

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Is it possible to sand a Monster High female's chest flatter to look like a male's chest, or would it just make holes in the doll? I thought I might want to make my effeminate male characters out of MH girls since they are the unnatural colors I need. I know there are odd colored males, but I was hoping I could make more feminine male body and put a Volks or Obitsu head. That's another question...Do Volks/Obitsu heads look okay on MH females? :?:
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Is it possible to make a MH female into a male?

Postby oniakki » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 pm

While I haven't tried cutting up a MH doll, but I would assume they're a hollow plastic. However, as they also have rather small busts, you might still be able to get away with sanding it down enough before hitting holes, just have to remember the plastic will be thinner there when you're done then afterward. There is also always the option of filling the holes back up with a putty material.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm doing the same thing and yeah, it's hollow:

I'm planning to cover it with Milliput and paint it to match but yeah not a good look so far.

Also I did a temporary MH/Obitsu hybrid a few years back:

Music Row and the others. by kd_230692, on Flickr

She's the second one from the left. The only reason her head matches Cleo's body is that she's a rare limited edition skintone Obitsu released like 6 years ago now.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 am

Ouchies! Thanks guys. Kd_Bunchanumbers, when your project is finished I'd really love to see the results. :P

Has anyone tried with a little sister like Howleen? (not sure if she's the only smaller MH girl) She might have a smaller chest to begin with, so do you think it would be easier to make her into a male, or has anyone tried and she just made holes too?
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Siead » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 pm

might be easier to build up instead of sand down, if you're comfortable working with additive moding. could thicken out the waist and bring it up to the chest to look more like pecs or something.
i've got a random MH body kicking around with no plans for her. i could give it a trial run..
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks