Go to footer

Truly matte/flat paint on sealers

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Truly matte/flat paint on sealers

Postby DollyKim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:51 am

Delta Creative Matte Exterior/Interior Varnish is a truly flat paint on sealer. I use it with my solid 1/6 heads that are fully repainted. I can see using it to spot paint eyes and parts of softer heads. It might have enough tooth to work as a base for pastels.

It's easy to find at most craft stores, if they don't have the small Delta bottles they might carry the larger bottles of sealers. They also make satin, gloss, and some texture finishes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Truly matte/flat paint on sealers

Postby WhiteDove01s » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Would it be safe for use on vinyl?
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:25 pm

I would guess so, all my rooted heads, Obitsu, Volks, Monster, I've painted with Delta and what ever acrylic supplies I've had on hand are doing fine. I just did their eyes and lips.

As for doing it all over the face there's a chance it might form a skin and lift off like a decal. I've had some painted eyes start to lift off and I glued them back down with sealer.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:53 pm

DollyKim wrote:I would guess so, all my rooted heads, Obitsu, Volks, Monster, I've painted with Delta and what ever acrylic supplies I've had on hand are doing fine. I just did their eyes and lips.

As for doing it all over the face there's a chance it might form a skin and lift off like a decal. I've had some painted eyes start to lift off and I glued them back down with sealer.

Eyes and lips are all I'd need to do, too. I don't use pastels, just really thinned out acrylic paint.

As for the face peeling off, I'm now amused by the thought and wondering if I could do that on purpose on a practice head and then make some sort of weird mini wall-hanging from the peeled off face-up XD

Either way, something else for the Amazon wishlist!
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks