Go to footer

Creating Elf Ears on a Tonner?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Creating Elf Ears on a Tonner?

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:19 am

I'm getting a Tonner Tyler with an Angelina head scupt (the Too Sweet model) and want to use her to create my new Pathfinder elf druid character. Only - she doesn't have elf ears. I would have gone with the Arwen, but she has black hair and my character has dark reddish brown or burgundy hair - and my Too Sweet girl is wigged which gives me more options.

Now, she will probably have hair that covers her ears anyway, but is it possible to sculpt elf ears on a vinyl head? And if so, what materials and tools would I need?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Creating Elf Ears on a Tonner?

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Apoxie Sculpt, or any other two part epoxy putty. Michaels has some in colors in small amounts made by Martha Stewart. Sometimes the ear tips will pop off but then you just superglue them. Works great!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 am

For tools you want metal. I use regular grey Apoxie Sculpt, you can order colors, brand and keep a bowl of water to dip my tool in. I use a double ended dental tool which is a pick on one end and flatter on the other to smooth the stuff out. I would suggest wrapping the doll's head in plastic and make a test ear or two to get a feel for the stuff. It depends on your sculpting skills.

With the suggestion of Martha Stewart take the doll in to Michaels and see if they have a color that comes close. I'd guess they have tools and coloring for it as well.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:http://www.dolls-n-daggers.com/Dolls/Forum/Tutorials/ElfEars.pdf

That is a great tutorial! I always knew Vulcans were elves! :lol: :lol: :lol:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks