Go to footer

How to get magnets OUT of 1/6 Obitsu feet?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

How to get magnets OUT of 1/6 Obitsu feet?

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:50 am

Does anyone know how to get the magnets out of 1/6 Obitsu feet? I don't want to have to buy a new pair of feet if I can just take his magnets out somehow. :?:
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: How to get magnets OUT of 1/6 Obitsu feet?

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Take the feet off doll, warm them up carefully with a hairdryer. Be careful not to get them too hot because they will deform. While they are still warm, pry the magnets out with a tool. I would use the tip of an awl because I think an Xacto knife would break. Safety glasses would be a good idea.

Why do you want to get rid of the magnets?

What size Obitsu - 27, 25, 23, 21, girl or boy?

Have you considered offering to trade with someone who needs magnet feet? I have at least one 27cm girl who would love to have magnet feet...
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Re: How to get magnets OUT of 1/6 Obitsu feet?

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Thank you, I'll have to try it. :)

It's a 27cm Slim Obitsu male (White). I ordered him for a character I want to make, but he seemed too pale, so I thought I'd order a 'natural' color one for my character instead, and give the 'white' one to my sister for her character (she needs a 'white' Slim for him). The problem is, she's sensitive to a lot of things including magnetic forces, so I need to take out his magnets before giving him to her.

I do have a trading wish in the 'Dollieh Exchange' about swapping his feet with someone, but now I'm thinking I could take out and save the magnets for when I order the 'natural' male and just put the magnets on his feet.
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks