Go to footer

Polymer clay dishes DIY

Patient enough to take us step-by-step through a how-to? Well post it here!

Re: Polymer clay dishes DIY

Postby yarwel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:06 am

If your oven is that wonky you probably should not try to bake polymer clay in it. Most polymer clays bake at around 300-350 degrees F, so if it was burning in just fifteen minutes your oven was probably about 400 degrees F or more. If you do opt for the "craft oven" option, which I would recommend, make a little "tent" for your clay out of aluminum foil; this will prevent scorching which would be especially noticeable on white pieces. Just be careful not to let any pieces touch the foil.
Lol, Dolly Kim, I never pre-heat my craft oven; I just crank the timer to 30 and let it go. It works just fine.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SoapBubbles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:27 pm

I plan to post a tutorial for the mugs I have here this weekend if you're still looking for tutorials. If I don't post them by Saturday night, message me to tell me to get off my lazy bum. :lol:
~**~ My Family of 3: Niel (BF TF/MNF Hybrid), Eira (Soom LG), & Mare (Soom TG). ~**~
SoapBubbles
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Nelly19 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:32 am

I will look into the toaster oven , living in the Bahamas on this hobby I feel like macgyver, lol
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby MissReckless » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 pm

DollyKim wrote:
Or at least look in to a toaster oven.

Careful with toaster ovens though, I had one that cost a lot I bought for clay and it burned the top ofth clay but the bottom was uncooked.
MissReckless

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Tutorials