Go to footer

Novi Star - Picco Neemo hybrid tutorial

Patient enough to take us step-by-step through a how-to? Well post it here!

Novi Star - Picco Neemo hybrid tutorial

Postby Nko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 am

Picco Neemo painting tutorial di N-k-o, su Flickr

As many people asked me how did I manage to color my picconeemo body I'll post the work in progress pictures I took. I hope it will help! ^^

1. The body as I bought it, next to the Novi Star doll original body.
Before painting it I cleaned it with alchool and grease solvent, then didn't touch it any more with my fingers.
I sprayed it with Tamiya color flat clear TS-80 (MSC base should work too).
2. I painted it with white acrylic paint base I bought in a miniatures shop.
3. I mixed different acrylic paints to obtain a similar color to the doll's face. As Novi Star dolls have a pearled skin try to use pearled white or other glittery acrilyc colors, if you find them. Top right are shown all the colors I used to obtain that green.
4. Second layer (I sprayed clear Tamiya color between the two). Some of the brushstrokes were still visible, if I'll paint another body I think I'll apply 3 thinner layers instead of 2 thick ones...
5. Sprayed with 3 or 4 layers of Tamiya Color Pearl Clear TS-65 to give it aglossy ffect, similar to the face.

Keep in mind that:
-Picco Neemo body made by Azone and is meant for adult collectors and not for children.
If you don't like the big hands and feet, this body is available with normal proportions too.
- If you pose the doll the paint on the ball joints is going to come off. Paint to the rest of the body in mine is still there even if I dress the doll and play with it. Anyhow be careful not to scratch it away.
- The head is very easy to pop out the Novi Star Body and it fits the Picconeemo neck peg. BUT this one has to be glued on the body before putting the head one or the peg is going to fall inside the head and you're not going to take it out unless you open the head. >_<

If you make your own hybrid doll using this tutorial I'd be happy to see pics! *_*

Other pictures of the complete body:
Novi Stars Picconeemo hybrid di N-k-o, su Flickr

With Novi Stars clothes:
Novi stars Picco Neemo hybrid di N-k-o, su Flickr
Nko
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Return to Board index

Return to Tutorials