Go to footer

Bangs for Obitsu prerooted head?

Patient enough to take us step-by-step through a how-to? Well post it here!

Bangs for Obitsu prerooted head?

Postby Pleasesaveheart » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:55 am

I just ordered a dollhead from Emory and my character has bangs. But the prerooted one has no bangs (which I actually like but this certain character doesn't have hair like that). Would I cut it like actual bangs or what? Its not like normal hair and I don't know if it would go back to it's normal resting place or stay. Would I need styling things or will it work? I need experienced doll hair cutters!
Pleasesaveheart
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Bangs for Obitsu prerooted head?

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Pleasesaveheart wrote:I just ordered a dollhead from Emory and my character has bangs. But the prerooted one has no bangs (which I actually like but this certain character doesn't have hair like that). Would I cut it like actual bangs or what? Its not like normal hair and I don't know if it would go back to it's normal resting place or stay. Would I need styling things or will it work? I need experienced doll hair cutters!

Put the head on a chopstick or similar and stick in a bottle for stability, pull the bang section forward and secure it with bobby pins or rubber band so it stays that way. Boil water, and pour over the head to set the hair in that position. You can also set curls this way if you want to. Parabox has some tutorials on doll hair, and the best one that I think illustrates this is actually where they root a head. http://parabox.jp/eng_new/custom/bob.html
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Re: Bangs for Obitsu prerooted head?

Postby Pleasesaveheart » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Thank you! I wasn't sure how I'd do it!
Pleasesaveheart
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tutorials