Go to footer

Doll Clothing Pattern Database

Fabric, patterns and insider knowledge. This is the place if you're too poor to pay someone else for your dollieh dresses.

Doll Clothing Pattern Database

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:34 pm

On a related topic - I've been contemplating for a while starting a doll pattern database - similar to the BJD one, but not limited to just that type of doll. is there any interest in this sort of thing and would others be willing to contribute images/descriptions from patterns/books/magazines they have? My collection is extensive, but definitely not complete!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: Where to find doll clothing patterns

Postby Sixoclock » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:18 pm

That is a GREAT idea Greyhaunt. I don't have any patterns in books, but I may still have links saved somewhere to some of the patterns that I do have. :)
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Where to find doll clothing patterns

Postby delbelcoure » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Yes! A doll pattern database would be great! I have almost all the Haute Dolls and would be happy to help with info from them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Doll Clothing Pattern Database

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:48 pm

I just wanted to give an update on where I am with doing this little project. At the moment, and for the foreseeable future, I'm unable to do much in the way of web/graphics work due to severe tendonitis in my right shoulder/arm. However, I've just acquired a book on doing PHP programming in conjunction with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5. What I'm planning on doing is make the pattern database my learning project as I work my way through the book. Obviously this won't happen any time soon - but when I do get something going I'll be sure to keep y'all updated :)
Greyhaunt

Postby Eseme » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:53 pm

I am totally jealous of your CS5. I need to bite the bullet within the next year and pay for an upgrade (I bought CS3 at stupidly cheap while in grad school, and should really pay the upgrade fee sometime).
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Eseme wrote:I am totally jealous of your CS5. I need to bite the bullet within the next year and pay for an upgrade (I bought CS3 at stupidly cheap while in grad school, and should really pay the upgrade fee sometime).

I confess, the only reason I own CS5 is because I work for a law school and thus was eligible for the Educator's Discount. Not quite as cheap as the student, but still a HELL of a lot cheaper than the full price! Now if only I could actually use it :(
Greyhaunt

Postby Eseme » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:43 pm

I can use Dreamweaver best - I love the template feature. I'm a total beginner with Photoshop and mostly just resize and crop. I'd really like to learn InDesign, but can't even figure out how to get a text box show up on the screen...

Good luck!
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kmadame » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:35 pm

I usually just trace the doll body then draw the pattern shape over my traced body line when using people size patterns, sometimes they end up to small tho! I haven't completely mastered doll cloths yet but with 5 years of sewing education under my belt I'm not bad XD
Dikadoll lingri AI bobobie elfkin Skylar obitsu 21 Alana obitsu 25 Kagura
kmadame
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Zainin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Last edited by Zainin on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zainin
i see dead dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm

I <3 my DW CS5! Hurray for being in school!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Total Sewing