Go to footer

Resizing doll clothes patterns

Fabric, patterns and insider knowledge. This is the place if you're too poor to pay someone else for your dollieh dresses.

Resizing doll clothes patterns

Postby CrazyYoungCatLady » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Does anyone know what percentage to enlarge Ellowyne Wilde patterns so they fit Minifee?
Do you have any idea what that will do to my complexion? People will mistake me for a planetarium!

My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollyCouture55
CrazyYoungCatLady
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Resizing doll clothes patterns

Postby she_flame » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:02 pm

If you want properly fit clothing, only enlarging the pattern doesn't work.

Best fit you'll get first adding 2cm to waist, and 1cm to shoulder's width, and them doing mock up to test if you'll need any extra changes. (If the pattern is only half of a pattern as human sized pattern normally are, then you'll add only 1cm to waist and 0,5cm to shoulders.)
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby CrazyYoungCatLady » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:38 am

Sorry to bring up an old thread...

I found the coolest Simplicity pattern for 18" dolls and thought it would be neat to make it for my MSD dolls. I know there's a sizing chart out there on what percentage to resize the pattern but I can't find it through Google. I suspect I saw this chart on Den of Angels long ago, but I don't have an account with them so I can't access it. Does anyone know how I would go about resizing this pattern? I know Dale Rae has a really mathematically in-depth method for resizing patterns, but I know I've seen an easier way to adjust the size.
Do you have any idea what that will do to my complexion? People will mistake me for a planetarium!

My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollyCouture55
CrazyYoungCatLady
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:47 am

Alas, I don't know, but what I always recommend is to go buy a Proportion Wheel. It's an artist's tool for determining what percentage to enlarge or reduce something. All you do is take the measurement from the pattern (say pant leg length) and dial that in - then find the leg length of your doll and there will be a percentage for you right there. This doesn't mean you'll get a 100% perfect fit - nothing will give you that in one shot - but it will get you a very close starting point. I use mine all the time, and I'm resizing an actual human pattern for my dolls!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Return to Board index

Return to Total Sewing