Go to footer

Recycling old clothes for dolls

Fabric, patterns and insider knowledge. This is the place if you're too poor to pay someone else for your dollieh dresses.

Re: Recycling old clothes for dolls

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 am

I made Haruka and Kaname's school uniforms (which I still need to post) from old pants and an old shirt.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:51 am

I bought a pack of "boy short" undies for myself, realized I absolutely HATED the style (really, WHO can stand walking around all day with a seam-line up their ... well, you get the idea *cough*) Anyway. Can't return the opened pack, even though they're brand new, but the fabric is colorful and a lot lighter than regular T-shirt knit. I figure if I ever get around to learning HOW, it'll make great shirts and leggings for the dolls. Or at the very least, arm/leg warmers and beanie hats. lol
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby roguewolf128 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Hay all reviving a thread to pose a quick question. Would any one be up for a recycle swap? Maybe in the near future? Post up in here if you guys think it's a good idea.
Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?
roguewolf128
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby ladylioness » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

roguewolf128 wrote:Hay all reviving a thread to pose a quick question. Would any one be up for a recycle swap? Maybe in the near future? Post up in here if you guys think it's a good idea.

That could work. I have a lacy white blouse and a long pink tierd skirt that someone might be interested in.
*¨`*•.♥.•Lady Lioneess* *•.♥.•*¨`*
♥ ㄥi v モ ♥ ㄥa u g h ♥ ㄥo v モ ♥
ladylioness
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ShadowKat » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm

roguewolf128 wrote:Hay all reviving a thread to pose a quick question. Would any one be up for a recycle swap? Maybe in the near future? Post up in here if you guys think it's a good idea.

:oops: How would a recycle swap work? I might be interested in one. I need inspiration to sew again.
ShadowKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby roguewolf128 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 am

ShadowKat wrote:

:oops: How would a recycle swap work? I might be interested in one. I need inspiration to sew again.

Well I'd like people to post what their doll's measurements and what kind of clothes they want for the doll and the pair up similar dolls so the cloths are around the same size. i.e. 1/4 with 1/4, tiny with tiny, you get the picture. I would like to have at least four people, including me. The clothes ideally would be made fully, or partly out of clean recycled clothes. i.e. material from shirts, pants, ect from a thrift store, a salivation army store, or even clothes that you don't wear anymore.
I hope this answers your question.
Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?
roguewolf128
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby ShadowKat » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm

roguewolf128 wrote:
ShadowKat wrote:

Well I'd like people to post what their doll's measurements and what kind of clothes they want for the doll and the pair up similar dolls so the cloths are around the same size. i.e. 1/4 with 1/4, tiny with tiny, you get the picture. I would like to have at least four people, including me. The clothes ideally would be made fully, or partly out of clean recycled clothes. i.e. material from shirts, pants, ect from a thrift store, a salivation army store, or even clothes that you don't wear anymore.
I hope this answers your question.

Thank you! I kinda thought that'd be how they work, but I wasn't sure. I'd love to join one sometime!
ShadowKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby vkgirl911 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:22 pm

i actually recycle old clothing i no longer wear or cant fit into anymore, & have made so many things already in preparation for my SD Bobobie Apollo i'm saving up for!! Already I've made a few pairs of jeans, a tank top or 2, some leggings, and a denim vest!!! all from old pairs of jeans that i sadly cant fit into now-a-days, (CURSE U, JUNK FOOD!!!! LOL!!) a pair of my old leggings that have seen better days, and some of my bf's old t-shirts!! look through the things u don't wear anymore & u'd be surprised at what u can make for free! its an awesome way to save money on fabric! especially when fabric in my neck of the woods is getting SUPER expensive these days...Anyways that's just my method i recommend, luv the creativity in this forum tho! everybody's got great ideas!!
vkgirl911
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby vkgirl911 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

oh! i also forgot to mention that i'm in the process of making some summer clothes for my future sd boy too! aside from tank tops, i'm lookin at making a pair or 2 of swim trunks for him, in addition to that i'm also planning to make several pairs of jean shorts, some more vests to go along with the stack of tank tops i still have ideas for as i wanna make several more of those. might try making a few pairs of socks here & there, & some more leggings & MAYBE a few long sleeve shirts with v-neck collars for the fall if i can find a really easy tutorial to follow. anybody got one they recommend? as that would really help me out, & i'd very much appreciate some help with that. thanks in advance! & for those of u who wanna see pics of the stuff i've made so far...check out my fb fan page for all my artwork & crafting related stuff titled: Lauren's Art Extravaganza...it'll have a drawing i did of a blue seahorse/kelpie as the profile image & will have a cover photo of a pillow i made a few yrs ago. i'm in the process of uploading the images to that page right now so i should have some uploaded by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. like my fan page on fb if u like what u see & friendly comments or advice is always a plus for me!
vkgirl911
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 am

Late to the thread but I've used my warn out clothes for my dolls. I bough some scrubs to cut down for House and crew but misplaced them in the move.

Sweat pants for me became a suit for Shi Shi the Obitsu 60

My pajama pants became outfits for the Dollzones Jibriel and Lilly
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Total Sewing