Go to footer

HELP! Sewing Notched Collar and Lapels?

Fabric, patterns and insider knowledge. This is the place if you're too poor to pay someone else for your dollieh dresses.

HELP! Sewing Notched Collar and Lapels?

Postby OkamiKodomo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm almost done with a jacket I've been working on for Rune (RS Jun) ... All I need is the collar. I want it to look something like this: link in shape and size... But I'm at a loss x.x I'm working with a fairly sturdy cotton, so I'd rather not use interfacing if I can avoid it, but will if I must.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: HELP! Sewing Notched Collar and Lapels?

Postby Linteia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:08 am

I would sew it wrong-side, cut off the seam allowance at the tips so they don't distort your tips, flip it right side, and once you have them the way you want then sew the secondary row on the right side and attach it to the coat. Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things. ^^;

If the fabric is stiff then it shouldn't need interfacing to keep the shape being that small, but if it's too floppy I'd just do a little bit on one side near the weak point so it doesn't get too stiff.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Re: HELP! Sewing Notched Collar and Lapels?

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks so much for the tips... I did end managing to figure it out, though they came out a bit uneven ^_^; I'm happy with the result anyway.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Total Sewing