Go to footer

Scanning a pattern to the right scale for printing?

Fabric, patterns and insider knowledge. This is the place if you're too poor to pay someone else for your dollieh dresses.

Scanning a pattern to the right scale for printing?

Postby x0xPeachyx0x » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey guys!
So I was wondering in anyone here knew how to Scan a pattern you've drawn up to be the right scale for printing, and sharing online?
My Scanner scans everything VERY large..Wich means I would have to resize, right?
But just how much to resize?
This is probably a silly question, but I am completely clueless ^^;
I appreciate any advice<333
thanks in advance!~~
~Jordy-CP Soo~ Eljandro- ED Red~ Adelias- CP El~ Lily-HDF Pudding~ Kitty Face- Pipos baby Ringo~Asher- KD Bory~ Dameo- CP Chiwoo - Aubrey- MNF Shiwoo
x0xPeachyx0x
Dolly Pardon

Re: Scanning a pattern to the right scale for printing?

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 am

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but here goes:

When I scan, the images come out exactly the same size. Changing the size involves dpi or dots per inch. If you change that you change the scale. What program are you using? I scan into Photoshop. Then I upload to flickr. I don't resize, or if I do I put a clear ruler on the scanner bed so that there is an inch marking on the image. That way the person printing it out can resize it back to the original. You should see what the settings are on the scanner, that will help too. Undoubtedly there are those who are way better at this that I, so hopefully they will respond.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Re: Scanning a pattern to the right scale for printing?

Postby x0xPeachyx0x » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

So you can go straight from scanning to printing, without resizing? =0 I guess that makes sence though, Cause the Inch marker I drew out on the pattern matches the inch marker on my paint program ^^;
I use Paint.net on my computer, cause its one of the few that will work for me lol
Thank yuou Very much for the Advice!!!<333 your my Hero!
~Jordy-CP Soo~ Eljandro- ED Red~ Adelias- CP El~ Lily-HDF Pudding~ Kitty Face- Pipos baby Ringo~Asher- KD Bory~ Dameo- CP Chiwoo - Aubrey- MNF Shiwoo
x0xPeachyx0x
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Total Sewing