Go to footer

Crocheted romper for 11cm doll

Fabric, patterns and insider knowledge. This is the place if you're too poor to pay someone else for your dollieh dresses.

Crocheted romper for 11cm doll

Postby Eleona » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Sewing thread romper

(Purple outfit in the picture)

Materials
Sewing thread (I buy large spools of it, so I cannot say how much is used for the outfit)
0.5mm crochet hook
elastic thread
super-glue

Note: I use American crochet terms, so adjust accordingly if needed.

Make a loop of elastic that's 2cm from the knot to the end (the whole length is 4cm). Put a drop of glue on the knot to secure it and trim the ends flush when dry (this is the tricky part, as too much glue gunks up a large section of the loop. I have found what works best is pressing the loop against the tip of the glue bottle with my finger and tipping it upside down- this allows just enough glue to coat the knot without making a mess).

The elastic is your neckline and the base of this outfit.
With your thread and hook, crochet around the elastic as follows:

Round 1: ch1, 6sc around elastic, ch2, 12sc around elastic, ch 2, 12sc around elastic, ch2, 12sc around elastic, ch2, 6sc around elastic. Join to first sc. You should have 4 ch2 loops, and a total of 48sc.

Round 2: ch1, sc next 6sc, in ch 2 work sc, ch2, sc. Sc in ea sc around, working sc, ch2, sc in each ch 2. Join to first sc (4 ch2 loops, 56sc)

Round 3: ch1, sc next 7sc, in ch 2 work sc, ch2, sc. Sc in ea sc around, working sc, ch2, sc in each ch 2. Join to first sc (4 ch2 loops, 64sc)

Round 4: ch1, sc next 8sc, in ch 2 work sc, ch2, sc. Sc in ea sc around, working sc, ch2, sc in each ch 2. Join to first sc (4 ch2 loops, 64sc)

Round 5: ch1, sc next 9sc, in ch 2 work sc, ch2, sc. Sc in ea sc around, working sc, ch2, sc in each ch 2. Join to first sc (4 ch2 loops, 72sc)

Round 6: ch1, sc next 10sc, in ch 2 work sc, ch2, sc. Sc in ea sc around, working sc, ch2, sc in each ch 2. Join to first sc (4 ch2 loops, 80sc)

Round 7: ch1, sc next 11sc, ch2 (you can use fsc as well if you like), skip next ch2, 22sc, ch 2, join in next sc and work 21 more sc across. Ch2, skip next ch2, 22sc, ch 2, join in next sc and work 11 more sc across. Join to first sc. (2 ch2 spaces, 44sc)

Round 8-10: ch1, work one sc into each sc and ch around, join to first sc. (48sc)

Round 11: Ch3, Work 1dc same st. Sk 2 sc, in next sc work 2dc, ch2, 2dc. Repeat this around, ending with 2dc, ch2 in beginning stitch. Join to the 3rd chain of beginning chain. (16 shells)

Round 12-18: Work one shell into the ch2 space of each shell in the previous row, join. At the end of round 18, ch3, skip 7 shells and join to the ch2 space of the next shell.

First Leg:

Round 19: Ch3, work 1dc same space, work 8 shells, work next shell in center ch of the ch3, work 2dc, ch2 in beginning space. Join. (10 shells)

Round 20-21: Work one shell into each shell, join.

Round 22: ch 1, *1sc in ch2 sp, sk 1dc, work 1sc each of the next 2dc, skip 1dc. Repeat from * around, join to first sc. (30sc)

Round 23: ch1, *work 2sc, ch3, slst into 2nd sc. Repeat from * around, join to first sc. Fasten off.

Second Leg:

Working in shells of round 18, join thread in center back shell and work ch3, 1 dc in same space. (There will be two shells in this space, and in the matching shell at center front). Work 8 shells, work next shell in free loops of the second ch of the ch3 space. Work 2dc, ch2 in next shell, join to 3rd chain of the beginning ch3.

Repeat Rounds 20-23 of the first leg. Fasten off, weave in ends.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask. :D

-Meredith
Eleona
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Crocheted romper for 11cm doll

Postby LiveLoveYarn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Holy smokes! Talk about teeny stitches!! But, really, I love this. I have crocheted with some small thread, but nothing this small. I hope I can be brave enought to give it a try. Thanks for sharing such a lovely patter with us!
Anxiously awaiting Tryniti and Acorn!
LiveLoveYarn
Dolly Pardon

Postby Raven132 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 am

I've wondered about using sewing thrad and now have a pattern to try. Thanks so much, they are super cute!
Raven132
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby richila » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:57 am

Thank you for sharing the pattern.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:07 am

I can see richila and me heading for our thread and crochet hooks now! Thank you for sharing this!!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Eleona » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:17 am

I am so happy to hear there are others interested in working on this scale. I can't wait to see what people come up with!

-Meredith
Eleona
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Chrystal » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Thank you. This outfit is so cute. Im going to try adapt it to fit my soom minigem aren, Nia.
Chrystal
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Return to Board index

Return to Total Sewing