Go to footer

Hello Again! Q, A, & S

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

Re: OOOH... A CALENDAR, Maybe?!!

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 am

I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: OOOH... A CALENDAR, Maybe?!!

Postby K2! » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:41 am

Swan wrote:Think of how FANTASTIC a 2013 CALENDAR would be!!

Too late. One is already in the works. Fortunately there are now more than enough characters to support a 12 month calendar. Shooting for a mid to late October release at the MV store.
http://www.zazzle.com/madhvinylshop
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Hello Again! Q, A, & S

Postby Swan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 am

WOOT! I await the calendar with bated breath! I'm saving up and will buy two or three items (I'm thinking mug and cap or totebag as well. Not sure which, but I'll decide that when I order the calendar.

Apologies for not buying before, but my computer needs a new graphics card and I'm electronically pretty much dead in the water until that gets done..

THANK YOU!!

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:26 am

I know what's on MY wish list!!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

"Unified Field Theory" of the NekoMiVerse

Postby Swan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 am

I woke up last night at 3:00 AM and could not get back to sleep. This is what my brain produced! :D
(do not try this philosophizing at home. I am a trained Midnight Maunderer and even I have backup failsafes such as Triple Strength Chocolate Chip Cookies and Fortified Vitamin D Milk at my disposal)

I was wondering, there in the dark, WHAT ties all this stuff in together. The research, the computers, espionage, nekomimis elves and so on....

I've used this phrase so often that I almost tend to forget its deeper meanings: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)

Magic, in Enochian (and Lucasian) terms, is the ability to tap into and manipulate a Primal Force which exists and has always existed. To practitioners such as Eliphas Levi, Anton LeVey and Aleister Crowley (also Obi-Wan and Yoda!) This "Force" either consists of, or is heavily affected by the magician's Will.

What is Will? Mr. Wheaton aside... Will is the product of the human spirit, which emanates from, or is housed in the brain and nervous system.Thus, one can posit that it is intertwined with, affected by, and may be actually composed OF electro-neural energies, shading from the electromagnetic to the neuronal energy flows. Thus, Force and Will and Electricity are (if not identically the same) certainly similar forces.

How does this tie into the NekoMiVerse? (BTW I chose that name because it makes the most sense. This universe created (or discovered) by K2 blends magic and technology AND nekomimis (hence his nomen "NekoMancer") and so it seemed the best term. I could have called it the AnnaVerse, K2Verse or MadhVerse.

It affects the NekoMiVerse BECAUSE elves (such as Diamond and Sapphire) and fairies (such as Hazel) have been drawn into the affairs of Technology through the interface between Magic and Technology. I posit that the two 'verses were separate UNTIL an event occurred, such as possibly when Diamond gave a physical form to Hyatt (presumably to save her life) since Hyatt was/is a mutated virus from the Tatsukuro MMORPG, thus a being from the TechnoVerse, powered by the electromagnetic Force. Since Diamond is powered by the Magic Force or Will, the two power forms blended, or complemented one another.

How do nekomimis figure into this? Simple. Nekomimis are magical beings (See K2's description of them elsewhere in this forum) similar to elves, fairies, sprites and similar spirit beings. Thus, I posit that they are far more susceptible to electromagnetic Force than simple terrestrial, non-magic beings, such as humans. This is born out by Hyatt's comment that she could sense Anna Marie as a "low level background" emanation such as a firewall might produce AND that Anna Marie and Miyuki "potentiated" each other, kicking Hyatt's avoidance subroutines in, forcing her to flee. It is also born out by the fact that while Diamond and Anna Marie could easily enter the Techniverse through the mirror, and seemed BODILY to be present there, completely human persons such as Jazz, require an avatar to enter the Technoverse.

It is no secret that the former Soviets, as well as the USA and other countries were, and are, engaged in research INTO forcefield dynamics and thus, (even if they do not believe in it) magic as well. It could well be that nekomimis were found to be ideal subjects for this research for three reasons: 1. They are a blend of cat (magical Force) and human (electromagnetic force) thus contain neural pathways that carry BOTH blended forces. 2. They are not "animals" in the frame of research and thus NOT subject to anti-cruelty legislation (much like laboratory rats are exempt from current anti-cruelty laws), nor are they fully human, exempting them from anti-slavery laws and finally 3. they are cheap and plentiful to obtain and their abductions and absence is unnoticed by society. Hence the extensive use of them by such entities as Advanced Medica Corporation, RevLine, Synapticon and others. In a way they are similar to the Grey Aliens that have been posited to be used in US governmental research.

My statement that nekomimis have no-one to speak up for them in defense is not entirely correct. Now that magical beings (Hazel and Diamond) have discovered the use to which Nekomimis are being put, they are becoming more motivated to interfere and attempt to halt such abuse of nekomimis. Thus what we are seeing in the series is a "secret war" between the forces of Magic and the forces of Technology.

The recent revelations that the research is in "Cybergenetics" and the implanting of subdermal chips that connect with neural tissues is shown in the segments featuring the research and surgeries done on Miyuki and the statement by Hazel or Diamond (I've forgotten which) "there are so many anomalies in that poor child" indicating that the chips implanted have NOT been removed.

These and other musics at 3:00 AM are certainly entertaining to me, I hope you, also have enjoyed them. If not, well, to quote Tom Lehrer, you have only yourself to blame, you should not have let me begin - begin... should not have let me begin!!

All comments heartily entertained, fed and taken to bed!

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan

Postby K2! » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 am

zirconmermaid wrote:I just thought of something. Jazz and Ice aren't Nekomimi. So what exactly are they? They are the size of Nekomimi!

In the MADh Vinyl universe, the characters of Jazz, Ice, and Rhiani are non-magical human species from a close off shoot of homo sapiens on the evolutionary tree. They are identical to average humans in every way except for their size, which is approximately one third of the average person today. This small size has led normal size humans to regard them much as they do many of the other smaller creatures like elves and fairies. Their treatment throughout history has led to a severe decline in their population and they are frequently ignored the same as other “mythical” creatures. However, they are completely non-magical in nature, only small in stature.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Swan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Now I see! <TheDoctor> A-HA! Yes! Brilliant! Yes, an offshoot, known as... Homo Diminuensis! Rare but not entirely unknown, these small humans are usually seen JUST out of the corner of your eye. Most often children ar4 the ones who see them. They are the ones who get things blamed on them. Ida Know is a one third sized Diminuensis female who is responsible for breakages and such "Who did this?" "Ida Know." the child answers truthfully, but is still blamed by Mum. Such members of Homo Diminuensis have been known to befriend children and are thought of, by adults as 'imaginary companions'. But the TRUTH is out there! </TheDoctor>

THAT was properly silly! :D

Swan
Vworp! Vworp!
Swan

Postby K2! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:06 pm

251 Feast and Famine
zirconmermaid wrote:everyone is eating or drinking and different in each picture - awesome work as always, and yes that food looks tasty!

Diamond’s ancient Chinese secret is Pagoda Express Teriyaki Beef.

Swan wrote:But all the girls' drinking glasses are empty!

Yes, we've tried it with filled glasses before and it was a nightmare. With glasses that small and light weight, any little nudge knocks them over so everybody had to drink up before we start shooting.

Just noticed... Miyuki's left-handed! I *knew* there was a reason I loved her!

Both Anna Marie and Miyuki are somewhat ambidextrous but Miyuki does lean towards being left handed. Miyuki plays baseball right handed because I could only find her a righty’s glove.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Coming Soon

Postby K2! » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 am

To a MADh Vinyl Shop near you!
http://www.zazzle.com/madh_vinyl_2013_c ... 5541162877
This is the preview page. You can't order them from there. But once they appear on the main MV shop page (http://www.zazzle.com/madhvinylshop/) they will be officially on sale. Make sure you click on "All Products".
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Swan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank you! I will order as soon as they are available

Swan
Swan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl