Go to footer

345 Boys and Girls

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

345 Boys and Girls

Postby K2! » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:25 pm

K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: 345 Boys and Girls

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:32 pm

I can put it much more simply than that: This particular species of nekomimi were invented by straight men.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby cirquemom » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Exactly as I always suspected. Nice to have it officially confirmed. (although I think Greyhaunt is actually correct)
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Love the traveling mustache!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Yanagi-sen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:07 pm

What about Kiki-chan78's Niko... and Kiyoshi. Granted... Niko's not all that bright and Kiyoshi is deaf... so maybe there are genetic abnormalities with male nekomimi. Hmmmm...
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:12 am

Yanagi-sen wrote:What about Kiki-chan78's Niko... and Kiyoshi. Granted... Niko's not all that bright and Kiyoshi is deaf... so maybe there are genetic abnormalities with male nekomimi. Hmmmm...

I was always under the impression that Kiki's boys were more like real cats that are in a human form than the unique species that is the anime nekomimi....but that was just my impression so I could be totally wrong :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:30 am

Noooooooooooo~~~~~~~~
I was looking forward to Doc Kananga's explanation on the whole no male Nekomimi theory!!!!! I was hoping to find out if my overgrown one is even a neko.(He's hiding his ears and tail and makes growly tiger noises)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Swan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 am

Sadly, I *do* know of one male neko... He is tall, graceful, has a white lion-like mane, white fluffy Persian-tail and black-tpped white ears. VERY handsome fellow indeed. His name is Araxxaxx. but he lives only in my head. I HAD had him in secondLife, but the avatar has been taken over by a Gorean slaveboy persona named "arax". To see him in SecondLife, check out the character Zakharrakh. Also my alt and the current embdiment of Araxxaxx in the cyber world

After my hospitalization and subsequent bankruptcy I know I'll never again have the $$$ either for dolliehs or a camera, so I'll give you his details here. You can enjoy the images in my mind :)

He is tall, around six feet. He is a long-haired nekomimi with features more closely resembling a fluffy Persian or Himalayan. In the front, his mane of hair is pure white and goes to his chest and shoulders. In the back it is lightly stippled in black and the length reaches down almost to the small of his back. His tail is similarly white with black stippling of the fur and a black tip. His ears are carried erect and are pointed, like a domestic cat's rather than a lion. The very tips are velvet black.

His face is human, but he does have "guard hairs" on eyebrows. His eyes shift between green and blue depending on the light. His features are saturnine, with longish nose, small mouth and more feline-like eyes, including a vertical pupil. His complexion is very pale... white in some lighting, very faded fleshtone in other lighting. His legs are long and digitograde and he tends to walk on the front "pads" more than on the "hocks" or heels. His hands have long human type fingers, but the nails are thicker and sharper. His two "canine" teeth are slightly longer and sharper than the rest of hs teeth, but NOT vampire-long. His tongue is rough and barbed (and so are the other portions of his anatomy that are relevant!).

His explanation for the lack of male nekomimi is that males are far more solitary, disliking the "pride" mentality of the females. Female nekomimis tend to band together and are far more visible. Males remain solitary because they are *fiercely* competitive and territorial.

He will never be 3-D but he has a VERY lion-like dignity and grace. Evidently male nekomimi are also incredibly intelligent.

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby oniakki » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:32 pm

I was just thinking it was just an issue with the wetware development. I imagine it'd be easier to just have a single gender of test subjects so they didn't also have to deal with the various chemical balance differences between the genders combined with the possibility the females might simply be more docile and less dangerous (for the humans) to perform surgery on. I hadn't really thought about what the other companies might be doing to/with their nekomimis.

I'm also suddenly realizing there is more then one nekomini (or at least miniature person) school within a reasonable distance. Otherwise why would there not being any boys on the teams they play be worth mentioning alongside the none at school? (I was just assuming it was intraschool games, all the schools I went to usually had at least 3 teams for the major sports) Just how widespread is the use of nekomimi test subjects?
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:03 pm

oniakki wrote:Just how widespread is the use of nekomimi test subjects?

Not sure, but I'm in Asia and the female nekomimis I gotten seems to be 1/6 in size to humans. Kinda suits me since I like them pocket size.

I was told that the overgrown male is some kind of Kemonomimi but I haven't seen ears or tail yet. I might have been ripped off since the catalog advertise them like this....
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl