Go to footer

441 Wrong Address

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

441 Wrong Address

Postby K2! » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 pm

K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: 441 Wrong Address

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:46 am

Field trip indeed! I do hope they aren't taking the girls on this one!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby davidd » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 am

I know, it was totally the Michelin Man! I have always thought that the Ghostbusters production team wanted the final foe to be either the Michelin Man or, more probably, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but they couldn't secure the rights, so they had to quickly revise their animation and create an "original" character.

I love your scale set pieces: the bed, the chair... yeah! Great stuff! Did you find those pieces, or build them?

And... the story is back! After... how long?

O' course, I have no idea what's happening, because I'm only on installment 019 out of... four-hundred forty one! I have some serious catchin' up to do!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby K2! » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:37 pm

davidd wrote:I know, it was totally the Michelin Man! I have always thought that the Ghostbusters production team wanted the final foe to be either the Michelin Man or, more probably, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but they couldn't secure the rights, so they had to quickly revise their animation and create an "original" character.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man has a nice ring to it.

I love your scale set pieces: the bed, the chair... yeah! Great stuff! Did you find those pieces, or build them?

Mostly found. It seems most of the stuff I build is for other people. I did build Diamond's lab table.

And... the story is back! After... how long?

Too long.

O' course, I have no idea what's happening, because I'm only on installment 019 out of... four-hundred forty one! I have some serious catchin' up to do!

In that case, spoiler alert!

Where the story on the MV site ends (355), it picks up here on the forum. Some day I'll get around to adding to the site or changing all the URLs here from my old Comcast server.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:32 am

davidd wrote:I know, it was totally the Michelin Man! I have always thought that the Ghostbusters production team wanted the final foe to be either the Michelin Man or, more probably, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but they couldn't secure the rights, so they had to quickly revise their animation and create an "original" character.

You clearly are not from the Midwest, as all the graduates of Second City were (cast and writers of the movie). The Stay-Puft Marshmellow man is a well known mascot of Stay-Puft Marshmellows there. In fact, those are the only possible marshmellows to use for S'Mores. Any others just don't taste right.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:10 am

Hooray more to read!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby davidd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:

You clearly are not from the Midwest, as all the graduates of Second City were (cast and writers of the movie). The Stay-Puft Marshmellow man is a well known mascot of Stay-Puft Marshmellows there. In fact, those are the only possible marshmellows to use for S'Mores. Any others just don't taste right.

It is a real brand? I did not know that!

Although this article suggests that Stay Puft were created in response to the movie, and did not pre-date the 1984 film:

https://www.foodiggity.com/stay-puft-ma ... now-exist/
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:48 pm

davidd, never doubt the Research Queen! ;)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:19 pm

davidd wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:

It is a real brand? I did not know that!

Although this article suggests that Stay Puft were created in response to the movie, and did not pre-date the 1984 film:

https://www.foodiggity.com/stay-puft-ma ... now-exist/

The article is completely incorrect, and apparently written by someone who never did their research. NEVER NEVER NEVER trust an article on a blog. I ate Stay-Puft Marshmellow S'Mores in the 1950s-1970s, and immediately recognized the mascot as soon as it appeared on the screen.

It is entirely possible that the brand went out of business in the 1970s, and was brought back after the film. But they certainly existed during my childhood, and no one where I came from (Chicago region) would have dreamt of making S'Mores with anything else.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:49 pm

FINALLY it's back! Huzzah!!!

*cuddles up with RiRi and some popcorn*
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl