Go to footer

The Girls (and Guys) of MADh Vinyl

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

Re: 50cm Yamato/Obitsu

Postby Sixoclock » Sun May 09, 2010 8:42 am

K2 wrote: The initial sales of the Type B (Kanu) Yamato had a fixed length ordering period. Yamato would take all orders and then the dolls were delivered several months later. Subsequent sales had limited quantities and items were available till sold out. In late March 2010 Yamato put all the individual vinyl parts available for sale, for both the Type B and Type D. Some of the parts sold out quickly (busts and torsos) and some are available.
http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/sel ... ?geid=1016
But you still have to buy through a proxy. Yamato Japan doesn't ship internationally.

Awww... How insanely disappointing-- well in regards to the head that is... :( :( :( I may see about getting a few of those parts though. Thank you!
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Re: The Girls of MADh Vinyl

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun May 09, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm so sorely tempted to get the upper arms/lower torso and save up for a 50cm Obitsu to get for Bea...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: The WANTED of MADh Vinyl

Postby Tira-chan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:18 am

Wh00t! Cool new pictures AND some interesting backstory. It's looking more and more like Hyacinth is a vampire, and it's not just Miyuki's paranoia.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby haruredjen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Yumi is amazing looking! I looked on the Yamato link, and she seemed to be almost a tan color (or was that just lighting?). I do wish someone would make a tan vinyl... if Obitsu can do it for 1/6, why not 1/3? Anyhoo, all the Yamato girls are beautiful. I wish they were more widely, easily available.

Also, the Visuadolls are fantastic!! You must go to some serious lengths (and expense, I imagine) to get these girls. Very impressive, on all fronts (lol...).
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby K2! » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:49 pm

haruredjen wrote:Yumi is amazing looking! I looked on the Yamato link, and she seemed to be almost a tan color (or was that just lighting?).

Yumi is TAN! She's significantly darker than the regular Obitsu fleshtone, like she's been working on her tan for some time, or lives in a southern, tropical climate.

I do wish someone would make a tan vinyl... if Obitsu can do it for 1/6, why not 1/3?

The Yamato VMFs are manufactured by Obitsu, so we know they can do it. The VMFs are (probably) all paid for before they are manufactured so there is no risk for Obitsu or tied up assets as there are when Obitsu manufactures dolls that they market and sell themselves. And the VMFs are generally sold (and manufactured) in small lots so the demand is high and they sell out fast, usually in a couple of days.

Anyhoo, all the Yamato girls are beautiful. I wish they were more widely, easily available.

I'm sure Yamato is using a typical sales model similar to the limited edition figures they sell. BJDs are probably a small market compared to their other toy lines but perhaps as things progress Yamato will widen their sales to their US site.

Also, the Visuadolls are fantastic!! You must go to some serious lengths (and expense, I imagine) to get these girls.

As versatile as the Haruka is, it's nice to have a few truly different sculpts (heads and bodies). The Visuadolls are stock Obitsu 50cm (females) and 55cm (male) bodies except for custom heads. I missed out on the limited edition Seedring Obitsu. It was out way before I got in this racket. It's pretty much impossible to find now.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby haruredjen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah, Seedring! That's the guy I had a chance to buy from a JS member, but lost out due to (what else) money... or lack thereof. :( I love him. And the price wasn't even inflated, just what it cost the person new. *cries* sigh...

I can hope for the tan being available. Maybe if people bugged the crap outta them? ...nah. They aren't known for listening to customer requests, especially American ones.
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby cirquemom » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Ooohhhhh.....
*sigh*
Seeeeeedriiiiiinnnnggg..........
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Swan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:08 pm

What I wants now is a new episode! I'm Jonesing, here!

Swan

Need.... pink........need.....pink......
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Swan wrote:What I wants now is a new episode! I'm Jonesing, here!

Swan

Need.... pink........need.....pink......

Me too! Where is our K2!? Are you ok? On vacation? Overworked and underpaid? Being held hostage by Nekomimi? Should we send help?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Last I heard, he was overworked :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl