Go to footer

Nuts! MADh Vinyl web site news

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

12/2012 MV Site Update

Postby K2! » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am

Since the Mayan interpreters were wrong, we've gone ahead and updated the MADh Vinyl web site. All episodes through the Jazz Suite can be found there. As well as some other stuff. So go and debug the place for me since Hyatt won't do it.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Nuts! MADh Vinyl web site news

Postby Swan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:31 am

Are there plans for a 2014 MADh Vinyl Calendar?

If not, I will take another 2014 calendar and stick the calendar part over the date part and re-use mine. I LOVE IT!

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby K2! » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Swan wrote:Are there plans for a 2014 MADh Vinyl Calendar?

Yes, but there's been a bit of a debate among the girls about the theme. Hopefully they'll decide soon so it can go on sale by mid December.

While we're at it, are you happy with the size, content, quality, etc. of the calendar?
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Swan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:13 pm

YES! I loved it! One thing that would be GREAT (but would take some work on your part, over and above the graphics etc) would be to put the girls' (and guys') birthdates in! But that's not absolutely needed... the calendar IS! It is fantastic! I bought it, I loved it and it si NOT marked up or messed with. Pristine condition it will go into my shelf to be saved and re-enjoyed forever.

Any word on the feasibility of creating a picturebook of the girls' first adventures? The website is GREAT, but I want to have a book (or more) as well.

Greedy aint I? :D

Swan

MOAR!!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan

Postby K2! » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 am

The 2014 MADh Vinyl Calender is now available at the Zazzle MADh Vinyl Shop.
http://www.zazzle.com/madhvinylshop
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Swan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Just sent for mine! No WAY will I miss THIS!! My total self-indulgent treat!

I also linked to the website from my Facebook page and did a review. Here it is! It's a bit scattershot... but then... these are Nekomimis we're talking about!

I'm hoping David Gerrold will read it. Here's the review under my FB name.
Swan

LadyPenny Darkfold

Yep, I'm shilling for the MADh Vinyl calendar. Why? Well, for those not acquainted with MADh Vinyl, it's a "webcomic" (actually it's photography not cartoons but.....) that is a bit different than the usual run of the mill adventure.

"MADh" is composed of the initials of: Miyuki, Anna-Marie, Diamond and Hyacinth, four (in real life) Obitsu 1/3 scale Obitsu ball-jointed dolls. Well, those are the "actresses" portraying the girls. Well... not girls exactly... Anna-Marie, Hyacinth and Miyuki are NekoMimi. Japanese inspired cat-girls. Diamond is an Elven enchantress charged with taking care of them.

NekoMimi? Oh the storyline goes FAR beyond mere catgirls! To wit: Other characters include Robbie, a zombie (played by an Obitsu male ball-jointed doll or BJD) Hazel, a fairy princess, two doctors (played by actual humans!) who are medical researchers *experimenting* on nekomimis, the 'N' sisters who are an embodied computer virus, now attending school as a Nekomimi girl, and a gigantic spider made up of bits of computer code. That's just a tiny tiny sampling of the characters.

The plotline involves Star Trek, pink bunny outfits, baseball, vampires, Star Wars, high explosives, medical research, cheerleaders, computerized espionage, fairy realms, motorcycles, gunfire, animal experimentation, field-trips and bubble-baths in the middle of the day.

Photographed in Chicago, aboard the USS Enterprise, California, the fairy world of Feist the Caribbean, Tokyo, Fairyland, Georgia and inside the electronic gizzards of several computers. No REALLY!

Check out http://www.madhvinyl.com to read the first parts of the story. It's been running now for around 5 years or so and it just gets better and better. Trust me... you WILL be addicted!!

Story is updated weekly.
Swan

Postby K2! » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 pm

You're hired.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:10 pm

And mine is in the mail!!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby K2! » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:27 pm

As some of you may have noticed, the images for Episode 345 and earlier are no longer displaying. The reason is that when I started this nonsense I was storing images on storage provided by my ISP. As of November 1st (or there about) that storage became unavailable. That goes for images in some of my older posts as well. Since Episode 346 I've been storing images at the same location as the MV web site. That's the bad news. The good news is that everything up to Episode 355 is now available on the MV web site (big site update!).
Hopefully there will be more in the coming weeks (like the MV Lab).
But don't hold your breath.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby cirquemom » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:45 pm

K2! wrote:As some of you may have noticed, the images for Episode 345 and earlier are no longer displaying. The reason is that when I started this nonsense I was storing images on storage provided by my ISP. As of November 1st (or there about) that storage became unavailable. That goes for images in some of my older posts as well. Since Episode 346 I've been storing images at the same location as the MV web site. That's the bad news. The good news is that everything up to Episode 355 is now available on the MV web site (big site update!).
Hopefully there will be more in the coming weeks (like the MV Lab).
But don't hold your breath.

WTF.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl