Go to footer

138 Special Tutor

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

138 Special Tutor

Postby K2! » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:39 am

K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: 138 Special Tutor

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:17 am

sigh....Anna Marie could disarm a viper with all that wonderfully innocent trust :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Swan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:44 am

Ahhh, the mighty force of innocent trust. MANY 'evil' people have been reformed by it! And I'll bet Miss Diamond already knows and I'll bet she *also* knew that Anna Marie would have exactly that effect on Hyacinth.

It is like a friend of mine who has an ongoing, disabling, very painful condition. She cannot work, and she is frequently subject to rage-behaviour. She flies off the handle and says *terrible* things, and regrets it horribly later on. She told me "I'm an evil person!" and I told her "No, you are a good person who is forced at times to say evil things, because of the pain you feel.... if you were *evil* you would NOT be crying with remorse right now!"

Hyacinth is the same... she is ashamed, remorseful and repentant, but she feels she cannot do anything about her actions.... vampire or not... at the very base of it all.. she is good and Anna Marie is calling to that good part. I'm doing the same with my friend, so I'll be watching this series like a hawk1 :D

Hyacinth is a good person forced to do bad things.

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby cirquemom » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:29 am

Hmmm..........
I love Anna Marie,
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Tira-chan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:04 am

That last shot of them is so cute! I think I know what Hyacinth's secret is, though hopefully it's the only thing she's hiding (aside, of course, from possible vampirism).
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby maywong » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:25 am

Awwwww, way to go Anna Marie.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby delbelcoure » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:30 pm

So cute how they twine tails their together when they cat promise!
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Actually, I dispute that Diamond has a clue about any of the vampire stuff. Look back at the early stories...well, when they are available, and you'll see that when Hyatt was tormenting Anna Marie, Diamond was often in her lab or watching TV, oblivious to what was going on around her.

If Diamond was in tune enough to recognize that Hyacinth is a "good" vampire, or even not a vampire at all, then why is she not aware of Miyuki's plans? I mean, Miyuki is not exactly what one would call subtle - and except for her occassional eating behavior and such, Diamond isn't remotely aware of the looming potential of an attack on Hyacinth.

Nope, I think Diamond is sort of a more mature version of Anna Marie (only with a brain) - inclined to see the good in individuals and not always notice the signs of trouble.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Swan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 am

H'm... but Diamond *was* well aware of Hyatt's treatment of Anna Marie.. She made refrence to it often, either to hyatt herself or to AnnaMarie. She was pretty certain Anna Marie could hold her own.. and she did!

BTW, I just noticed in the last picture... could that be... on Hyacinth's cheek... a tear? Look at her right eye (left side of her face as she faces us) and see if that doesn't look like Anna Marie has just reached inside Hyacinth's darkness and pulled on a tiny tendril of light!

Hyacinth may not believe in herself... but Anna Marie does! And she is FAR more than she seems at times. There is a LOT more to Anna Marie than we see on the surface. Not how forcefully she rebuts Hyacinth's statements and insists on the promise... "Keep Diamond and Miyuki safe and I won't tell your secret!" She has Hyacinth over a barrel and they both know it. "cat promise!" That wasn't a plea... it was practically a command. Gentle, but very firm. And if she really didn't trust the goodness in Hyacinth, she wouldn't have put her trust in Hyacinth's word on the cat promise. She's savvy, that little pink angel.

The light shineth in the dark and the dark comprehendeth it not.

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Aeilia » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:06 am

Intriguing!.. I have no idea what will happen next. I love Anna Marie too, but can't help feeling a little sorry for Hyacinth.
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Next

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl