Go to footer

Life in the Room [Photo Stories!]

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

Re: Life in the Room [Photo Stories!]

Postby werepuppy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:12 pm

davidd wrote:"Oooooh! We just love that 'midnight dreary' line!" they squeal delightedly ever time they hear this story.

Indeed, such phrases as "the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain" and "each separate, dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor" are quite cozy-sounding. I would love to have such a room, with a pallid bust of Pallas perched above the door.

That would actually be a really cool thing to have?

- - -

China Girl and Maudlynne are always looking for new games to play. The only limit is their imagination.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby davidd » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Their only limit is their imagination... and their ability to reach, say, chairs or tables.

I do love this duo so much! China Girl always seems to be suggesting some hijinks or other, usually involving physical exertion, while Maudlynne looks on askance, knowing full well that, against her better judgement, she will end up taking part.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 am

davidd wrote:Their only limit is their imagination... and their ability to reach, say, chairs or tables.

I do love this duo so much! China Girl always seems to be suggesting some hijinks or other, usually involving physical exertion, while Maudlynne looks on askance, knowing full well that, against her better judgement, she will end up taking part.

Maudlynne: Have you tried saying no to her? She gets all wide eyed and sad and it makes you feel like you've done something awful. ... She's a master manipulator!
China: No I'm not! You're just not good at saying no!
Maudlynne: ... That's besides the point.

- - -

China Girl and Maudlynne discuss The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and compare it to the Oz that C.G comes from.
werepuppy

Postby davidd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Seeing as how Baum himself wrote fourteen Oz books, and other authors have continued to revisit the subject over the decades, CG and Maudlynne should have a lot to talk about.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:11 pm

davidd wrote:Seeing as how Baum himself wrote fourteen Oz books, and other authors have continued to revisit the subject over the decades, CG and Maudlynne should have a lot to talk about.

They really do. Maudlynne wonders why anyone trusted the Wizard though. China's finding it a bit hard to explain...

- - -

Anne will never find anything more enchanting than a wild garden. What stories to be told!

(Some useful information: this is a 16" vinyl Anne Shirely from Sullivan Entertainment as based on their popular Anne of Green Gables movies, which of course are adaptations of the popular book series by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Yes, Anne is another one of my literary girls who I have in doll form. Ideally I will find a 1/6 scale version of her one day...)
werepuppy

Postby davidd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:38 pm

That is a lovely garden setting for your Anne, with pretty yellow wildflowers!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 am

davidd wrote:That is a lovely garden setting for your Anne, with pretty yellow wildflowers!

There's a nicer area just nearby that I wanna take some pictures at when the weather is a bit better... I think Anne would like it there

- - -

The Wonderlanders dance their favourite dance: the tea pot!
werepuppy

Postby davidd » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 am

Here is my handle, here is my spout! :lol: Of course! How perfectly appropriate!

I hope you are able to take lots of outdoor dolly photos this coming spring and summer (assuming spring and summer ever come), from all around your neighborhood and the region!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:37 pm

davidd wrote:Here is my handle, here is my spout! :lol: Of course! How perfectly appropriate!

I hope you are able to take lots of outdoor dolly photos this coming spring and summer (assuming spring and summer ever come), from all around your neighborhood and the region!

Thank you! Here's hoping!

- - -

"And I thought it was only Draculaura who hated the sun."
"It's too warm!"

So, random reading showed me that some wolves can't really take the heat and this was born from that. Poor Clawdeen.
werepuppy

Postby davidd » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Oh! I just realized that these are the Frightfully Tall versions!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone