Go to footer

#36 Ashes, Ashes... Part 3

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#36 Ashes, Ashes... Part 3

Postby Trethowan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 pm

“Damn, you’re heavy.” He dragged the unconscious teen across the floor, causing him to rouse. “Here’s something fun for you to think about while you’re locked away. I know where you live and I know your little vampire friend is. Think on that. It’s what you get for harboring a bloodsucking menace.”
“No, please don’t!” Micah cried out but the door slammed shut.

“Oh Ivan, please wake up.”

“Micah, is that you?” The fairy could barely lift his head. “The shaman… he….”

“Foster? How did you get here? Dammit, whatever you did to Ivan you have to undo it. Now!”

“It was the shaman. I was framed. They knew you’d be busy looking for me instead of investigating the real culprit.”

“Abe did this?” Micah’s eyes widened. “I can’t believe he’d do such a thing.”

“Trusting fool,” Foster coughed. “You’re really something. You’ll be friends with anyone won’t you.”

“Ssh, you need to rest,” Micah said as Foster’s eyes fluttered closed. The prison guards of Trifecta’s Head Office withheld sweets and placed Foster in magic-blocking restraints. The fairy asked for food. “I have a pocket mint,” Micah said. “Sorry I don’t have more.”

“It’s better than nothing,” the fairy offered a weak laugh. “I really screwed things up, didn’t I? I should have known the shaman was up to something but when I saw him playing the war board with Ivan I’d assumed they were friends. I was wrong. They call themselves vampire hunters but they’ll hunt and eradicate anything they deem dangerous. They think they’re the saviours of mankind, a bit misguided if you ask me. I wasn’t hurting anyone.”

Micah said, “Well, one of ‘em is out for Ivan right now and he’s immobilized by some … I don’t know, spell I guess. Can you fix it?”

“The only way is to break the totems. They’ll be inconspicuous items around the apartment. Even I didn’t notice and I’m usually attuned to such things, so they could surround the entire apartment complex.” Foster closed his eyes. “He made me believe I could be something more. He called me his friend.”

“I have one spell left in me. Remove these cuffs… I can get us out of here. We might make it in time.”

“This might work…”

“Listen to me. This is very important. It will take all my life essence to open a portal and the only kind I can open are between worlds, so we must gate to Eolande then back home. When we arrive, place my body near a tree. Preferably a willow, we get along best so I know they’ll look after me. I want you to find a fairy named Gelfrey… if you whisper to the willows they’ll get the message to him and he’ll come.”

“Wait, what?”

“Find Gelfrey… understand?” Micah protested the fairy’s decision but Foster interrupted him. “Hush boy. Let me do something selfless and heroic for once in my life, won’t you?” Foster let out a weak but still suitably maniacal laugh. “When I come to the rescue that undead fiend will really be steamed!”

“We can save Ivan in time?”

“Yes. Passing through the portals tends to eat time. Who will you seek and how?”

“Gelfrey. By whispering to the willow.”

“Excellent. Hold on tight.”

TBC... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Go Go Gadget Fairy!

EDIT: Ok, rats. Looks like I have a bunch of broken links and the pictures needed to fill in the IMAGE blanks are gone!! I'll try to reload them. Man, that's really annoying. Looks like a LOT of my pictures in Flickr are all of a sudden gone. How odd.

Edit Edit: They appear to have fixed themselves overnight. It is the Broken Link Fairy to the rescue. XD

NEXT:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10433
Last edited by Trethowan on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #36 Ashes, Ashes... Part 3

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 pm

Yes, being saved by Foster will definitely irk Ivan! But, what's this about all his life force?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:07 pm

O__O

Lots of Micah and Foster cuddling in this one, lol...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby Trethowan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 am

zirconmermaid wrote:Yes, being saved by Foster will definitely irk Ivan! But, what's this about all his life force?

"Foster to the rescue" just has a nice ring to it, don't you think? hahahahahaha... omg. I'm dying...

Lamia of the Dark wrote:O__O

Lots of Micah and Foster cuddling in this one, lol...

:lol:

HEY. Whaddaya know. All those messed up links have apparently fixed themselves. I am pleased!!! I was really frustrated last night when nothing seemed to be working.
Trethowan

Postby richila » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 am

Can't wait for the next episode!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 pm

richila wrote:Can't wait for the next episode!

Thanks! I hope it will be good. :shock:
Trethowan

Postby Fyrsiel » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:44 pm

I am caught up! (And now I understand what's going on. xD)

OOHMAAAAN.... Can't wait to see what that other world is like...!

Also, as a comment for all the past photostories collectively at the moment: Ryan is mah fav. xD And Micah and Ivan 'course.
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Fyrsiel wrote:I am caught up! (And now I understand what's going on. xD)

OOHMAAAAN.... Can't wait to see what that other world is like...!

Also, as a comment for all the past photostories collectively at the moment: Ryan is mah fav. xD And Micah and Ivan 'course.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Hooray for caughtupyness! <3 Thanks!

Ryan is my favorite a lot of times, too. He's fun to write.
Trethowan

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone