Go to footer

#37 Ashes, Ashes... part 4

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#37 Ashes, Ashes... part 4

Postby Trethowan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 pm

“Foster?” Micah shook the fairy. “Foster, come on. Please don't be... dead.”

Micah did as his friend requested and laid his body near a grove of willow trees by a body of water. He whispered to the trees to find Gelfrey and said he’d wait right there. The trees didn’t really do anything and he hoped they’d listen to a foreigner to Eolande.

The trees rustled in a perfect breeze, lulling Micah to sleep.

*giggle*

*giggle*

“Hello, sleeping boy. Are you sweet or are you coy?”

“Um… are you Gelfrey?”

“What is a Gelfrey? Is it a bat in a belfry?”

“No, I don’t think so. He might be a fairy.” The creature blinked as if waiting for more. “Um… a fairy that mustn’t tarry?”

The wee creature clapped her hands in delight, but her eyes widened at the sight of Foster’s lifeless form.

“Did you kill… “ Micah interrupted the rhyming creature with desperate protests and explained their situation. The creature seemed genuinely touched. “A grand gesture for a friend. It led him to his sad, sad end.”

“Do you happen to know a naga named Vargas? He’s brown, has blond hair, wears a jade claw, and… um… he’s large-as.” Micah winced. This rhyming thing was difficult. The creature looked to the trees, seeming to listen.

“The brave naga was crowned a serpent king. He doesn’t like it and to his rock he’d cling. Poke him with a stick and he’ll come round. Shall I call him? My voice is sound.” With that the purple sprite flittered off.

“Raarrrr!” The child puffed his chest. “Hooman go home!”

“Are you Gelfrey?”

“No. I’m Rhordae. My mommy and daddy say I’m not allowed to talk to hoomanses.” The impish little dragon boy grinned. “Is dat fairy your supper?”

“No,” Micah said. “It’s my friend, Fo… ah, ah…”

“Foahah? Weird name for dead fairy. Why do you sit by de twees?” The dragon boy looked up at the leaves then nodded. “Dey talking a lot. Deciding what to do with cheeky hooman dat talked to them.”

“Really?” Micah looked up at the branches. He didn’t hear a thing.

“Waste of good fairy meatsies. Daddy and mommy make yummy fairy pie. Never eated a hooman pie. You stinky though, so probably taste bad.”

“Yeah, humans are gamey and tough, you’d hate it.” Micah really wished this Gelfrey would hurry up.

<3 <3 <3

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………

“Go away. I want to sleep on my rock and be left alone, yes I do.”

*giggle*

Vargas let out a long, slow sigh. “I’m not rhyming at you, no I am not. Neither am I moving from this spo-- rock.” Vargas refused to say spot.

“Then I won’t tell you that a human boy brought a dead fairy through a portal. Oops! My mistake, I wasn’t going to tell you about that mortal.”

“What? Take me to them right away! And no games, sprite. I am a brave naga, yes I am. Brave and strong.”

“Micah, hello my friend. I miss your heat vent, yes I do. It was warm. What happened to the nasty fairy?”

Meanwhile…

“He keeps it in the coffee tin!” Lee cried out.

“I’m just here to kill a vampire. Get in my way and you’ll be sorry.”

“No!” Ryan cried out. “Ivan is our friend, he’s never hurt anyone.”

(insert a sad little scuffle that lasted no time at all)

“Chumps,” Zo said. “Where would they hide you, eh?” Zo searched the apartment.

“Stop right there!” Jillian commanded. “Hands where I can see ‘em.”

“Pretty thing like you shouldn’t be pointing a gun like that. Might hurt yourself.”

“Drop the wood or I drop you.”

“Oh, you’re too late. I dusted your vamp. But if you shoot me, you won’t know what I did with your Asian friend.”

BAM!

“You shot me!” Zo lay bleeding on the floor. “You actually shot me!?! Are you crazy? I’ve got your… ah… I’m bleeding! Damn it!”

“I winged your shoulder, crybaby. It must really hurt. It’s going to hurt a lot more if you don’t tell me what you’ve done with Micah.”

“A friend of a vampire deserves… yaaaAAAHHH!!” Jillian offered a little encouragement. “I’m not telling you a thing! What are you, girlie?”

“Don’t call me GIRLIE.”

Abraham and Gabe appeared. What timing!

Gabe said, “Damn it, Half-pint. What’d you do?”

“Abraham. I knew you were involved in this. What have you done with Micah?”

“I assure you I have not hurt the boy. He didn’t show up at the library this evening. It’s the only reason I’m here.”

“How very convenient.” Jillian motioned toward Gabe. “And you just happen to know Big Mouth over here, too.”

Gabe flashed a toothy grin and said, “You know it, babe. I get around.”

Jillian said, “This little punk claims to have taken Micah hostage and… oh no. Ivan. He said…”

“Hey Ryan, you okay buddy? Say, vouch for me so the lady soldier here will put her piece away.”

“It’s okay Jillian.” Ryan rubbed his head. “He hangs around with Micah sometimes. Someone please check to see if Ivan is okay.”

“It’s… it’s full of ash.” Jillian was stricken. “I was too late.”

“I don’t know what to say,” Lee said. “He was so fast and… well, I couldn’t do anything. We tried but that guy was too good.”

“Micah has to be told. Someone find him. We should have a memorial service. Saturday would be nice, at sunset maybe. He always liked to try and watch the sunset with sunglasses and a mirror.” Ryan rubbed his eyes. “I had to handle Mom’s funeral when Dad fell apart. I know what to do. I’ll make some calls.”

“We’ll need an urn. Something medieval and kingly. We’ll collect up all that we can. Lee, get the broom and dustpan. Jillian, would you get the vacuum? Clean the canister first. I don’t want lint getting mixed up in the ashes.”

Jillian leveled a deadly gaze toward Abraham and Gabe. “I want answers and I want them now.”

TBC

NEXT:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10442
Last edited by Trethowan on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #37 Ashes, Ashes... part 4

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:13 am

No! Not Ivan too? And don't mess with Jillian, she's quite a girl!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby richila » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:56 am

Jillian should have shot him in the head!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Fyrsiel » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:15 am

richila wrote:Jillian should have shot him in the head!

At the rate this guy's going, he'll end up dead!

(this rhyming thing is contagious...)

Nuuuuooooo Ivan.... @_@!!
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Fyrsiel wrote:

It'll make this thread quite outrageous.

And - not Ivan?!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:01 am

First let me just say: MUSHROOMS!!!

That said, on to the rest of my comments:

What was the gray fairy sprite thing, a small Obistu? Or some other type of doll?

Dat cute and creepy little dragon dude... talking about hoomanses and meatsies. :lol:

Yay, Vargas!!

Damn, that Zo is a jerk. I'm glad he got shot!

I don't think Ivan is really dead, and I'm sure you're going to bring him back somehow.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby jemlovecraft » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:40 am

Ahhhh... I thought Zo was bluffing. :( Poor Ivan! I hope there's some way to bring him back... though perhaps the bag of ashes was a clever ruse while the real Ivan pulled a disappearing act. He's a king, after all; he should be prepared for assassination attempts!

Also, the residents of Eolande are bizarrely charming.
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:01 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:No! Not Ivan too? And don't mess with Jillian, she's quite a girl!

She rocks! Semper Fi Jillie-bean! She hates me now.

:-p I have plans for Zo... muaaahaa... muaahahaaaaa... aaAAAHHAaaaahaahHAAA!! Ahem.

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:
Fyrsiel wrote:

It'll make this thread quite outrageous.

And - not Ivan?!

Oh yes, I'm always connivin'.

Lamia of the Dark wrote:First let me just say: MUSHROOMS!!!

That said, on to the rest of my comments:

What was the gray fairy sprite thing, a small Obistu? Or some other type of doll?

Dat cute and creepy little dragon dude... talking about hoomanses and meatsies. :lol:

Yay, Vargas!!

Damn, that Zo is a jerk. I'm glad he got shot!

I don't think Ivan is really dead, and I'm sure you're going to bring him back somehow.

I love my mushroom candles!!! <3

the wee little fairy is actually an ornament I bought at DragonCon six years ago. Or seven... I don't remember. It was in the Artist Alley. There was a rainbow collection and I chose lavender. It's faded over time so the purple has given way to a grey overtone. /sigh. I'll take some better pics of it and put them in the Mixed scale section since she's not a doll. It's one of those little fabric creations with the head, arms, and legs glued in the cloth.

I dunno... I'm okay with killing off major characters. And he's been around a while. Just kidding. I could never kill Ivan in such a mundane way. His death would be far more spectacular and heroic.

jemlovecraft wrote:Ahhhh... I thought Zo was bluffing. :( Poor Ivan! I hope there's some way to bring him back... though perhaps the bag of ashes was a clever ruse while the real Ivan pulled a disappearing act. He's a king, after all; he should be prepared for assassination attempts!

Also, the residents of Eolande are bizarrely charming.

Thank you! <3 I love my Eolanders. They're so much fun to write.

Zo is a bit unhinged. :lol:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... I can't wait until the conclusion. If I can get my resin monsters to cooperate I have PLANS!! It's going to be hard to photograph but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... if it works, then it will be awesome!!! In my head it works. Unfortunately slick resin joints and physics are not on my side. Darn gravity. I'm seriously thinking about fishing line!
Trethowan

Postby cirquemom » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:00 am

Trethowan wrote:I love my mushroom candles!!! <3
I could never kill Ivan in such a mundane way. His death would be far more spectacular and heroic.

And temporary, I should hope.....
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Trethowan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:10 pm

cirquemom wrote:
Trethowan wrote:I love my mushroom candles!!! <3
I could never kill Ivan in such a mundane way. His death would be far more spectacular and heroic.

And temporary, I should hope.....

:D
Trethowan

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone