Go to footer

#38 The Butler

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#38 The Butler

Postby Trethowan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:18 pm

#38 The Butler

In Eolande

“A fine morning for the gallows, wouldn’t you say,” said the Regent. He listened as the thorny bushes, thistles, and weeds rustled. “Choke them out, my minions. What is left of my brother’s rebellion will be crushed. Once we shore up our defenses we can deal with the menace from the North.”

Giggles are heard from behind a column.

“Your Majesty,” Fee said. “What are you doing away from your play room? Was your door left open again? My, my, what carelessness. You could fall down the stairs, or you could be swallowed up by a lazy naga.” Fee thought about that for a moment. “No, we need a body otherwise there will be drawn out searches, what a bother. Let’s avoid the naga, shall we?”

“There you are!” A maid bustled onto the Prince’s private balcony. “Terribly sorry, milord. Won’t happen again.”

“We were just having a little chat. I should spend more time with my dear cousin, shouldn’t I. They grow up so fast.”

“They do,” she said.

After more contemplating, evil plotting, and general naughty no-good meanness, the butler appeared on the patio. Fee shuddered at his presence. The aura of black magic was nearly stifling.

“Milord, your noon meeting with the Chancellor has been moved to tomorrow. Your appearance for the Pan Eolande Snail Racing Championship on Moonday has been pushed forward twenty minutes and your speech has been altered. A copy is in your study awaiting review. Shall I fetch it, milord?”

“No, I shall attend to it later.”

The strange little butler flashed the most peculiar grin and said, “The Grand Marshal reports that a portal has opened in the Lavender Vale. One life form registered. The willows are weeping, milord.”

“Very well. Have the Guard deal with it.”

“Yes, milord.” The Butler turned to go.

“Wait. The willows you say?” Fee thought for a moment. “If it is my brother, I want him dragged in chains through Capital Square. Dragged, you hear?”

His eyes lit up as he said, “Oh yes! I live to serve, milord. I’ll ready the chains.”

“I do love a good dragging.”

Not much later…

NEXT EPISODE:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10467
Last edited by Trethowan on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #38 The Butler

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:31 pm

I see the return of a favorite fay! And why do I think that Foster isn't as bad as everyone seems to think?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Fyrsiel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:36 am

Methinks that butler enjoys his job a little too much...!
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:36 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:I see the return of a favorite fay! And why do I think that Foster isn't as bad as everyone seems to think?

<3 Whaaaa.... but he's so EBIL. :-p Maybe the naughty no-good rotten fairy has redeemed himself.

Fyrsiel wrote:Methinks that butler enjoys his job a little too much...!

I'd envisioned him as having this creeptastic monotone, sort of like a cross between Renfield and Salad Fingers. But I opted for less description so folks could interpret him as they pleased.
Trethowan

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:40 am

Pretty maid is pretty. By any chance she be the Alice you had your eye on?
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:08 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Pretty maid is pretty. By any chance she be the Alice you had your eye on?

<3 <3 <3 Yes!! I love her to bits. I've had this character in my head for a LONG time now. I'm so glad I finally have my little maid.
Trethowan

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Yay more of the story!!

But, I'm not sure who the little kid is supposed to be?
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby Trethowan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Lamia of the Dark wrote:Yay more of the story!!

Ah, yes. I was probably too subtle. He's the King of Eolande. I don't even have a proper name for him yet. I haven't needed one yet. ha! Fee is just a Regent. He wants to be crowned king of course, as did Foster, and methinks he'd get rid of the poor little tyke if he had half a chance. :-( Nuuuuu........ not de bebe.....
Trethowan

Postby Fyrsiel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Trethowan wrote:

Ah, yes. I was probably too subtle. He's the King of Eolande. I don't even have a proper name for him yet. I haven't needed one yet. ha! Fee is just a Regent. He wants to be crowned king of course, as did Foster, and methinks he'd get rid of the poor little tyke if he had half a chance. :-( Nuuuuu........ not de bebe.....

Now I'm really waiting to see Fee and Foster duke it out. :lol:
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Fyrsiel wrote:
Trethowan wrote:

Now I'm really waiting to see Fee and Foster duke it out. :lol:

I ought to go that direction just to see those two go at it. Fairy fight!! There would be sparkles everywhere.
Trethowan

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone