Go to footer

#40 The Butler Part 3

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

Re: #40 The Butler Part 3

Postby Trethowan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Meh. Simply one hell of a butler is better. Devilish sounds boring and it takes the word play out. It's just a description instead of a statement of praise at his abilities, and that's what mattered. Sebastian was always achieving amazing butler feats because he was in fact one hell of a butler. The sneaky play on words is what was cute. I hate it when people chop up good writing for no real reason.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:43 pm

They could even have gone with a devilishly good butler which would have worked as both praise and word play. I think it still looks to be a good film though. (I don't mind adaptations and based ons so long as they are also good. And don't inexplicably change the whole basis of the story's universe.)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:They could even have gone with a devilishly good butler which would have worked as both praise and word play. I think it still looks to be a good film though. (I don't mind adaptations and based ons so long as they are also good. And don't inexplicably change the whole basis of the story's universe.)

Agreed. Messing with universe rules just drives me insane.

The maid looked awesome! And his fighting with silverware was fantastic, hehehehe... I love it. I'll find a way to see this movie I'm sure.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone