Go to footer

#41 In It to Win It!

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#41 In It to Win It!

Postby Trethowan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:13 pm

#41: In It To Win It!
Part 1

It was late in the evening by the time Foster and Micah arrived at the tiny village and the sprite-sized tavern, the Cozy Den. Vargas hid in the woods outside of the village. They helped Foster onto a dragon mount for the short ride into town.

The village was packed with travelers to see the races. They worried about finding a room so late at night.

*giggle* It’s not him…

“When will he get here?” *giggle* “I’m dying for an autograph!”

Micah whispered, “Can you walk?”

“I think so.” Foster grouched that his fake ears kept slipping. He hissed under his breath, "Nobody’s going to buy these ridiculous costumes.” Micah reminded him that Gelfrey said they were enchanted and that they’d be fine.

“Evening ladies,” Foster said. Micah snapped his head towards the fairy. He’d never heard the prince sound so pleasant or charming before. It was actually odd to Micah’s ears. “What keeps you out at such an hour?” Foster flashed an easy smile to the girls.

“Kip Lightning!” The girls squealed, talking over one another. “He’s staying here for the race tomorrow.” “I can’t wait to meet him.” “O-M-O*, I’m about to die.” “I can’t wait.” “I want a lock of his hair.” “You’ll rip it out of his head.” “No I won’t!” “You totally will.” “I will, won’t I.” This was followed by much more mad giggling.
*Oh My Oracle!

“I had fans once,” Foster muttered under his breath. “I was quite popular in court.”

The Cozy Den was indeed a cozy little tavern. Inside Micah and Foster learned from the wait staff that the sign-up sheet for the race was up on the stage. It cost twenty gold to enter without a sponsor from the royal family. Foster assured them they were just there to observe.

Festive music played in the background. Foster pulled money from the pouch Gelfrey had given him and ordered food.

Lots of food.

“More!” Foster cried out with a rabid fervor Micah dared not question. The disguised fairy dove into the sugary treats and the wait staff kept them coming.

“The sooner we find Chase, the sooner we can get out of here,” Foster said, keeping his voice low.

Foster said, “He’ll take us to Gelfrey then he’ll across the border. I just hope he doesn’t hide us inside of some dead thing.” Foster and Micah both shuddered at such an idea.

Micah asked, “And we’ll make it through this Infinity Gate in time to save Ivan?”

“Yes, I’m certain. In fact, we’ll have to be careful to not bump into ourselves should we arrive too early.”

Foster asked, “Where might I find a fellow by the name of Chase?”

“The snail trainer?” The waitress looked to the left and right, leaning in close. “Chase was arrested last week. He supported Prince Foster. He’ll likely be taken to the gallows with the rest. They’re rounding up anyone thought to support the rebellion.”

“I find I am no longer hungry.”

“What are we supposed to do now?” Micah said with a heavy sigh. “Without Chase how can we find Gelfrey? How will we get into the forest?” Foster said nothing. Micah added, “I’m sorry about what’s happening to your kingdom.”

“I should have… “ Foster sighed. “I should have done things differently. I can’t do anything about it right now.”

“Well, we could always enter the race,” Micah said. “It would let us near the gates, wouldn't it?”

“Well, yes, actually… but…” Foster peered into his money pouch. “I ate all our money.”

To be continued….

:lol:

Next Episode:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10523
Last edited by Trethowan on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #41 In It to Win It!

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:29 am

Trethowan wrote:“Well, yes, actually… but…” Foster peered into his money pouch. “I ate all our money.”

Lol.

Snail Race! Snail Race! Snail Race!
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby K2! » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 am

Diamond and Hyatt give this episode two "Thumbs Up".
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Sweets! Oops, Foster, you ate all the money? And you didn't share with Hazel?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Eseme » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:05 pm

The lighting is great! I love the use of the candle as a nearly in-scale fire, and you got some wonderful close-ups with that beautiful warm light.

Your chibis look great, and so do all their small friends.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Swan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 am

I keep hearing the Star Wars Cantina band at double speed! :D

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Trethowan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Swan wrote:I keep hearing the Star Wars Cantina band at double speed! :D

Swan

haahhahaahahahaa.... NICE. I thought I'd hide a few Star Wars references in this segment. :-p
Trethowan

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Heehee, Foster likes cakes. :lol:
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone