Go to footer

#53 What If...

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#53 What If...

Postby Trethowan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:12 pm

#53 What If...

“Sorry little guy, all I could find was a chair. I think the rest might be boxed up in the storage shed. I don’t have a key.”

“No worries, Sir Giant. Don’t trouble yourself on my account.”

“What if he comes back?”

“It’s fine. He’s got two slugs in him.” Lee blew the dust off the cookie. “Hmm… a little stale.”

“Yeah… but… what if…”

“Ryan, seriously. Why would he come back? Nobody’s here.”

“We’re here!”

“He was just after Ivan. You’re being paranoid.”

“But…we saw his face!”

“Ah, shoot. Micah’s gonna be pissed.” Lee flipped through the pages. “I’ll try and dry it out.”

“What if he comes back and stakes us through the heart?”

“Jillian shot him. Ivan and Foster probably finished him off. We should take this to the hospital for Micah. Do you know where Jillian took him? We ought to pack a bag for him, too.”

“Did you see the hole in his chest? Air was gurgling out of it.”

“Yes, I saw, okay? Will you please call Jillian?”

“He could hardly breathe. Jillian was freaking out. Marines don’t freak out unless it’s super hard core!”

“She was just a little nervous,” Lee said. “She was handling it fine.”

“No… I think he wasn’t gonna make it but Foster did that thing with Ivan’s vampire blood. What if Micah turns into a vampire?”

“He won’t. We’ll go see him in the hospital. It’ll be fine.”

“WHAT IF HE COMES BACK?”

“Call your friends and see if they’ll let us go over to their place for the night.”

“Jim. Yeah. I’ll call Jim. We can crash at his place.” Ryan dialed Jim’s number and put the phone on speaker while it rang.

“But… what do we do about this guy?”

“Don’t worry about me at all,” Kip said. “I’ll stay here and wait for Ina.” The last thing he wanted was to get involved with the affairs of giants.

“Hide under the couch if a crazed runt comes back to kill us all,” Ryan said.

“We can’t leave him here alone,” Lee said. “Especially not with the door busted open. Let’s take him with us.”

Kip said, “I’d really rather stay here in case Ina returns.”

“We’re witnesses to attempted homicide. He’ll come back and kill us so we can’t testify.”

“Ryan? Hello? Hello?” Jim said over the phone. “Did… did you say homicide? Ryan?”

“Will you stop it, Ryan? Seriously.”

“He’s going to wait until it’s late… and we’re asleep…” Ryan’s eyes welled up. “Did you see all that blood? It was everywhere… gargling out of his chest like… oh my God, he was definitely going to die.”

“Is someone dead? HELLO!?” Jim's voice got louder.

“I don’t wanna die like that…”

“DIE? What? Hello? Hello?” Jim bellowed into the phone, “I’m coming over!”

Seven minutes and forty five seconds later….

At Lee’s request, Kip hid in the bedroom

“What’s going on? Is someone hurt? Were you robbed? The door’s busted all to hell.”

“Micah’s in the hospital,” Ryan wailed.

“Are you okay? Do you guys need a ride to the hospital?”

“He’s going to come back and finish us off,” Ryan said.

“What’s with the little book burning?” Patrick asked. He pointed out the empty pan of brownies and Jim nodded, thinking he understood the situation a little more clearly but Lee unloaded the partial story, leaving out the supernatural elements.

“Pack your bags, guys. It’s not smart to stay here until you know for sure the guy’s caught.”

“We’re waiting for Ina,” Lee said. “We’ll have to tell her about Micah.” Kip was waiting for Ina so that sufficed as a half-truth.

“Well, I guess… we’ll wait with you.” He nodded to Patrick who clapped his hands together, forcing a cheerful smile.

“Who’s hungry? Let’s go get some food,” Patrick said. “Lee, how about you come with me? Ryan will be fine with Jim here. Besides, you’ll have to help me carry everything. How’s pizza sound? Or Chinese? Maybe both, huh?”

“Sure,” Lee said. “Whatever.”

“Is Ryan okay?” Patrick whispered. “He’s not back on the green stuff is he?”

Lee rolled his eyes. “Back on? He was never off.”

“I see. Well… let’s go.”

“Giant fleshies… whatta-me-gonna-do? Gate… gate… need a gate out of here!”

TBC

NEXT STORY:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11261&p=129295#p129295
Last edited by Trethowan on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #53 What If...

Postby Trethowan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I finally got to put Patrick and Jim in a story. It's about time!!! I've had Jim for a whole year! <3
Trethowan

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:56 pm

OOH SKELLY IN THE LAST PICTURE.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:42 pm

LOL - I love the gradual enlarging of Ryan's face to emphasis his paranoia....I'd say loosening grip on reality, but I don't think he had a very strong one to begin with.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Qrinta » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Haha, I ended up buying one of those little skeletons. They're so cute! XD

And the paranoia sets in. I can definitely say I wouldn't want to be sticking around after all that happened either.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Lamia of the Dark wrote:OOH SKELLY IN THE LAST PICTURE.

<3 <3 I'm definitely naming him McCoy. XD

Greyhaunt wrote:LOL - I love the gradual enlarging of Ryan's face to emphasis his paranoia....I'd say loosening grip on reality, but I don't think he had a very strong one to begin with.

O___O hehehehehehhe... yaaaaaaaaay! I was afraid that I might have cut it up too much with the other pictures so I'm glad it worked. <3

Qrinta wrote:Haha, I ended up buying one of those little skeletons. They're so cute! XD

And the paranoia sets in. I can definitely say I wouldn't want to be sticking around after all that happened either.

I know, right? I'd be bugging outta there. Aren't they awesome little skellies??? He's so posable! I want an army of them. He sits on my keyboard looking all cute. Apparently there are entire sets of scale items for them. I probably shouldn't look because BUDGET. hahaha
Trethowan

Postby Qrinta » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:52 pm

And so teeny! XD Haha, yeah I bought one of the little sets. Came with rocking chair, table, cup, saucer and a candle. Was tempted to get the grim reaper set but decided I preferred the living room furniture.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Qrinta wrote:And so teeny! XD Haha, yeah I bought one of the little sets. Came with rocking chair, table, cup, saucer and a candle. Was tempted to get the grim reaper set but decided I preferred the living room furniture.

waaaaa.... sounds so adorable! Have you posted pictures here?
Trethowan

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

So, uh... where is it that you can these little skeleton dudes again?
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby Trethowan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Lamia of the Dark wrote:So, uh... where is it that you can these little skeleton dudes again?

I got mine on Ebay but they're also available through Amazon, I believe. The prices tend to go up around Halloween then back down to normal prices. The dog, for example, is on Amazon for $9.99 or something like that.
Trethowan

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone