Go to footer

#54 Marching Orders

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#54 Marching Orders

Postby Trethowan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 am

#54: Marching Orders

At an undisclosed location…

“Sounds like they plugged the leak,” Micah said. “They keep taking blood samples but when I ask the doctor about it she just says I’m doing fine and skitters out the door.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about. The doctor says you’re doing very well.” Jillian lowered her voice and said, “I’m going to tell you something, and you’re going to do as I ask. You don’t know anything about your attacker, and you don’t know anything about Ivan or Foster. Understood?”

“Okay,” Micah said with a frown. “Why?”

“Trust me,” Jillian said. Her phone rang. “I need to take this. I’ll come see you again tomorrow.”

“What a mess,” Jillian muttered under her breath.

“No ma’am. I don’t know where he would go, but I know someone who might. I’ll call you when I have something.”
She placed a second call.

“Sadie, I need a favor. This one’s off the books.”

“Got nothing better to do. What’s the gig?”

“Meet at the usual spot in two hours. I’ll explain everything then. Bring Ran, we’re going to carry something heavy.”

TBC

This one was way short! You know, finding decent backgrounds to use for green-screeny-goodness is kind of complicated, but I'm learning and it's a lot of fun. Oh, hahaha... check this mess out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…. I was going to see what happened when you did a close up but to zoom in the background becomes a pile of pixels. Oops. XD

NEXT: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11270
Last edited by Trethowan on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #54 Marching Orders

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Wow thats pretty well done.

Ooohhh someone's getting some serious payback.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Wow thats pretty well done.

Ooohhh someone's getting some serious payback.

<3 thanks!! I need to figure out how to keep the green from reflecting in the hair. hahaha... I think I have some lighting issues.

PAYBACK!!! I think I'm going to have to wire all my dolls before the next story comes out.
Trethowan

Postby Swan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:10 am

Technology marches on!
Back in the 1960's, when I was still in high school and 70's when I was a young adult, I did a book I called "Dark Shadows & Friends. I think I still have it somewhere.

Basically it was a VERY crude version of what is being done here. I had many photos of my friends and I roleplaying in Dark Shadows costume. Now it's called "cosplay" :D Jon was Barnabas, velda was Josette, I was Angelique and my froend NOla was the Fourth Doctor. We use to cosplay regularly and I had a stack of great photos... but... our apartments didn't look a THING like Collinwood! SOOOOO I used tiny cuticle scissors and cut out the images, and then very carefully pasted them onto pictures of Hearst castle, and other mansions~ The effect was VERY good! Well, good for the times.

we also cosplayed XVIIIth dynasty Egypt. Velda was Pharaoh Akhenaton, I was Vizier NeferKaRa, Nola was Nefertiti and Jon was Amonhotep III. I never got round to doing a book on that era of LARPing. We RP'd Doctor Who, Dark Shadows, Egypt, Star Trek, Gone With The Wind (*sigh* John as Rhett. *sigh*) ahhh those were the days!!

I JUST got PhotoShop 5.5 and I need to learn how to DO "Green screen" so I can work with the images again and make them even better! Or maybe do all new stuff! Any ideas?

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Trethowan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Swan, that sounds like magnificent fun! I'm a huge fan of Barnabas. <3 I do not like Willy (such a punk). hahaha

I love the idea of doing all new stuff. Sounds like an exciting adventure! I've got a green screen thread up in General topics. I've been using a free software program, paint.net. At first I didn't like it because I was grouchy about not buying the fancy-schmancy PhotoKey software, but it was $150 or so. NOW I'm getting the hang of it and for $0.00 dollars it's pretty sweet. XD

Pop over to that thread and tell me what you think about my ramblings. I'm dying to hear some other input over there.
Trethowan

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone