Go to footer

#59 Wake

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#59 Wake

Postby Trethowan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:04 pm

#59: Wake

If Zo had bothered to show up for work Emil Baumeister wouldn’t be stuck mopping blood off his floor at four in the morning. The Wolfsbane was a notoriously rough biker bar that catered to a select clientele not typically keen on newcomers, however, the rundown dive was located just close enough to campus to tempt underage fraternity pledges to ‘test their metal’ on a dare. Zo kept telling him to hire a bouncer but the elf was the only one who bothered to toss 'em out. Emil was cheap and didn’t want to waste money and he certainly didn't see the need to break up a good fight. He didn’t care what the pack did as long as they didn’t scratch his newly-felted pool tables. He did care when his employees didn't bother to call in.

“Scheisse.”

The elf-turned-vampire gagged as his mouth opened and closed.

“Ich verstehen nicht,” he muttered under his breath. “How did this happen?” Zo didn’t answer.

“Zo, answer me. Who did this to you?”

“Where’s Gabe… he fought the… he was…” A nagging hunger clawed at him. “Where is he?”

“Fought the what? Vampire?” Emil tried to coax information out of the elf but he was too disoriented to answer. “I’ll make a call and get someone to pick you up. Sun’s coming up soon.”

“No… I need to find Gabe. He was right here with me when… ssshhh….” The elf found himself unable to speak about her. “I have to go.”

“Is one of my pack in danger?”

“Yes. A vampire is going to kill Gabe… and…” Zo squeezed his eyes shut. “… and tell her about it. I have to find him.” Zo took off, leaving Emil alone in the alley.

“Ich hasse alle diese verdammten Vampire.” (I hate all these damned vampires.)
(according to google translate, anyway. Hahaha)

Meanwhile…

*sigh*

“Please let that be my sister.”

“Oof!”

“Kip?”

“INA!”

“I’m so glad to see you! Everything is enormous and there’s stinky vampire smell and they’re going raiding with orcs tonight. ORCS! They’re insane please get me out of here.”

Ina giggled. “Orcs? That sounds like Lee’s game, Kip. It’s not real.”

“Ina, listen, that guy. That guy… he’s a fraud. You’re dating a fraud! He and his pal were wearing fake tails and ears. I saw where they ditched them in the woods.”

“Micah is a human.” She laughed at her brother’s perplexed expression then explained what she could to her brother.

“I thought they were giants. I was afraid they’d eat me!”

“Prince Foster believes the long-lost giants of Eolande settled here. Humans have lots of origin stories so there’s no telling where they really came from.”

“Then who was the one with him? Was he a human too?”

“No,” Ina hesitated. “That was Prince Foster.”

“THE Prince Foster? Really? That was HIM? Then it is true.” Kip let out a long, slow breath. “Ina, this is insanity. You have to see that! The prince will destroy all of Eolande. He’s trying to recruit giants and maybe dragons too to fight his war for him.”

“He’s fighting for a good cause, Kip. If you knew him you’d understand.”

“I understand that he’s a depraved lunatic who let the Lavender Vale burn. I don’t understand how the willows forgave him after that nightmare.”

“He was fighting for the little people,” Ina said. “He was fighting for us.”

“Nobles only fight for themselves. All he wants is the crown. If you believe otherwise you’re a fool.”

“Kip,” Ina said with a sigh. “We’re never going to agree on this so can’t we stop discussing it?”

“It’s tabled but please promise me you’ll be careful,” Kip said. “The Regent is executing people in droves. They say he burned an entire village in the Marches that were loyal to Prince Foster.”

“I know,” Ina whispered. “It…it is what it is.” She clapped her hands together. “I want you meet the real Micah.”

“What’s so special about the real Micah? Sounds like a loser if you ask me. I owe that punk a knuckle-sandwich. Gonna punch him twice! Yeah! He cheated me out of forty gold.”

“Don’t you dare!” Ina said with a huff. “We’re going to get married and have lots of babies.”

“LA-LA- LA-LA- LA-LA- LA-LA- LA-LA- LA-LA- LA-LA- LA-LA. Not listening!”

“Grow up,” Ina said. “He’s sweet, kind, and I like him.”

“Kip Lighting is ready for his grand exit,” the sprite announced. “I’m outta here, sis. Make me a gate out of this mad house.”

“But you just got here,” Ina pouted. “You didn’t even get to see Charlotte.”

“Who’s that?”

“Micah’s motorcycle. She’s really fast! Faster than the fastest snail. You’d love it.”

“Nuh-huh, nobody’s faster than Darley.”

“Bye bye, Kip. Promise that if you visit again you’ll stay longer.”

“I’m never coming back to this crazy place,” Kip said. “Not even to ride the fastest mount in the world.”

“I love you, brother.” Ina said with a sad smile. “If you ever change your mind, look for Vargas the naga. He can get a message to me.”

“Love you too, sis. Stay safe.”

In the Living Room….

“You reckon she’s coming back tonight?” Patrick asked with a yawn. Jim just shrugged.

“Ow… my butt’s gone numb.”

“I told you not to sit on the floor for so long,” Jim said.

“A slumber party!” Ina said with glee. “How fun. Where’s Micah? You better not have locked him in the closet again.”

“Wait a minute. What’s wrong?” Ina asked. “You stinky boys don’t pick up after your messes unless something is really bad.”

“I wasn’t here,” Patrick said. “Guys, wake up. Ina’s back.”

“Ina, don’t panic….”

NEXT STORY: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11322
Last edited by Trethowan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #59 Wake

Postby Qrinta » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Do what you want just don't scratch the pool tables. XD Love all the different characters. ^_^

Stinky boys. :P
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Eseme » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:07 am

Oh wow, the CHIBIS! So cute! Nothing is faster than a racing snail!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Qrinta wrote:Do what you want just don't scratch the pool tables. XD Love all the different characters. ^_^

Stinky boys. :P

boys are stinky! :-p Ina is a bit dingy but I love her!

Eseme wrote:Oh wow, the CHIBIS! So cute! Nothing is faster than a racing snail!

Eseme

Fantasian racing snails are all the rage in Eolande.
Trethowan

Postby richila » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:01 am

Trethowan wrote:

Eseme

Richi's snail is the fastest! :lol: :lol: :lol:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:14 pm

richila wrote:
Trethowan wrote:

Eseme

Richi's snail is the fastest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kip is a sore loser and refuses to admit that this is correct. :lol:
Trethowan

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone