Go to footer

VGMAND 2017 - In the mood for vacation (Overly huge pic spam

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

VGMAND 2017 - In the mood for vacation (Overly huge pic spam

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 am

Megu-Chun: Hello~~~ Team of Dolls is going on a Work-Study Tour to Hong Kong(non-doll portion). That kinda cuts down on our Late October-December shoots. Exhuasted dolls are unable to provide a post trip omake this round. Or at least until we have the energy to shoot one. :lol:

Megu-Chun: My senpais will be on this trip as well. Our focus is on movies, manhuas(Comics) and video games (Street Fighter on account of old comics)

Megu-Chun: As our hotel is near the pier, we ride the ferry back and forth the bay for a few days(full dolls pics). Its really windy here! No we didn't get to take the Lego ship.

Jack: Don't mind me. I'm just here to test 1/6 clothes and this is the only travel friendly form I have at the moment. Verdict's out that I can wear regular muscular 1/6 clothes, but pants will be tight for a ZCWO-AB03 body unless I can get me larger TTM20 based clothes.... Talk about clothing problems on both scales... :roll:

Tachikoma: Hello~~~~~~ This is one of the movies or OVA we came for on account of the Hong Kong-ish references!! We keep missing the Hanka Robotics Stop(Lippo Centre) but we found where the garbage man ran off to!! We figure that the Tram-boat ride that the Major (Ova) went on was this Tramoramic ride or the normal tram ride if not one of the Open top bus tour routes! Figma Soild Snake -San missed the flight and could not stand in for Batou-san(same Japanese voice actor)

Obi-Chun: We caught an opera to get an idea of how the actors move in expressing themselves.

Obi-Chun: An exhibition abd seminar at the Film Archive about cheongsams in movies and how western fashion affects the cutting of the qipao.
Image[/url]

Megu-Chun: We went for a Jin Yong(Louis Cha) and Bruce Lee exhibition respectively at the Heritage Museum and ran in to a Pixar Exhibtion there. It featured stills, storyboards, artwork and models. There was some stuff from their latest movie Coco as well.

Ryu: We were island hopping on three separate days. From a camping island (Tung Lung) to tourist town islands(Lantua and Chueng Chau). We should be training but my teammates were skiving...again...

Obi-Chun: There were two paths to get down here. One involves climbing down a steep cliff and the other requires a walk to the other camping ground.
Small!Helen: Awesome view was awesome!!!

Megu-Chun: We met some of the local folks. This guy is Nangong Wen Tian from Celetial Weapons. He was the guy responsible for the non weaponry comics (like mine) joining in on the weaponry letter opener in special editions craze.
Image[/url]

Megu-Chun: Do you have what it takes to master the Ultimate Kicking Technique... yes my game manual is in there. I am the mistress of the lightning kicks afterall.

Megu-Chun: Yup those guys are huge! We have to mess with camera angles and distances for some of the shots.

Megu-Chun: The highlight of our tour is Dollism 11(Pics that survived) of course. For once, we're at an overseas event in which we could speak the main language used - Cantonese. They do use Chinese and English as well and provide Korean translators for some of the Korean companies. It was quite an experience to see all these dolls from big to small. My outfit came from Dollfie Project. Its a nice size for M bust Obi50

Megu-Chun: Left to right - Judith girl (44.5cm), Model Doll (66.5cm), Trinity(105cm) and Model. I am impressed by the size of the Trinity doll. Wow!

Megu-Chun: A very cute Ruruko as Kiki for the Ghibli fans.

Megu-Chun: We ran in a very handsome cat person. I was in the bag during the early raiding hours though. I'm not sure if this is Pipos HFokker or Raven on account of the size and faceup.

So sit back, have some Dim Sum while I play you some music till the end of the tour.
Image[/url]

Last edited by Iwa_Hoshi on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: VGMAND 2017 - In the mood for vacation (Overly huge pic

Postby maywong » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:08 am

I loved looking at all the photos. It looks like everyone had a great time.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:44 am

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Amazing photos as always. I really admire the way you use perspective and distance to make your dolls look in scale with human-sized places. So inspirational!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby write2katie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Great photos! It looks like you had a pretty awesome trip, and thank you so much for sharing. :)
write2katie
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone