Go to footer

Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)|New! 12/04!!

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

Re: Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)|summer special 09/09/

Postby she_flame » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 am

Chapter 2 begins. I will note, that there will be more adult themes (violence and harsh language) so more sensitive readers, be warned.

---

End or new beginning?

Almost two weeks Grundis had been prisoner of the Night elves of Astranaar. Her own kinsmen - dwarves – had said they would took her with them as they’d visit Astranaar next time. But no one came for her.

The underground room was dark and damp. “I bet they all left me rot in here”, she thought. “Self-centered diggers.”

"I have to get out!" Grundis decided. How could she escape? The elves had superior numbers – there was whole townfull of them…

Grundis was so franticly scheming her escape that she missed small ripple of magic.

"Did you miss me?" Voch's high-pitched voice alerted finally her.

"What are you doing here, imp?" she hissed.

"I thought to drop by. You must be losing your mind here, surrounded all those elves", Voch said.

"Quit the nonsense. I have to get out, and sooner the better. Can you steal the keys and let me out?" Grundis demanded.

Imp sat lazily down. “Nah. I have better plan than that. One that doesn’t involve you running throught the city.”

"Let’s hear it, then."

"I have arranged a Summoning ritual, which relocates us", Voch smirked.

"Summoning? Done by… Him?" Grundis asked. Imp nodded. "It takes place at midnight, so you have few hours to spend."

"At midnight? Why you just don’t inform him that you have found me, and we are ready?"

"I thought you like it here. After all, you haven’t even tried to escape yet", imp goaded. "I started to thought you want to stay with the elves. It’s been two weeks already..."

"Why would anyone stay want to stay with those self righteous moon worshippers?" she snapped. "They didn’t even get me proper bed, and the food is awful, and I can hear their singing and-" Grundis started to rant.

"Keep it going", Voch said. "I like you best when you are angry and shouting abuse."

Grundis took deep breath and tried to calm down. “Voch, listen. Contact him, and tell that we are ready to leave.”

"Nope."

"Yes, and do it now", Grundis ordered.

"Say ‘please’", Voch mocked.

"Do it now, you lazy slave!", Grundis shouted, kicking the imp down.

"That wasn’t nice", Voch vailed.

"Want to some more?" dward demanded, threateningimp with her boot again.

"No, mistress. No."

"Then better get me out of here, and soon."

"Yes, mistress", Voch nodded.

"Well, I’m waiti-" her words were cut, as she and the imp vanished from the cell.

"-ing!…", she looked around. "You fool forgot my coat!"

-

"The Key?"

"You fool forgot my coat!"

"I did not", voice answered Grundis’ yelling. A familiar voice.

Slowly the dwarf looked up. She knew the voice – he had spoken to her in her dreams. In her nightmares. But she had never seen him – not even in the dreams.

"Master!" she breathed.

"You may call my Istyros, if you want, Grundis", satyr in front of her said.

"Oh, she may!" Voch cried out. Grundis casted an angry look to the imp. "Shut up!" she hissed

The satyr – Istyros – kneeled down. “Here is your coat, girl”, he said, offering the garment to Grundis.

"But I was wondering: where is the Key? You don’t seem to possess it anymore."

"The Key?", Grundis asked, baffled. Voch whimpered (or maybe snickered) at her words.

"Yes, the Key", Istyros confirmed patiently.

"Oh!", Grundis suddenly understood. "Yeah, I don’t have it anymore", she said. "The blasted elves took it", she continued with sullen tone.

"The elves took it", satyr repeated tonelessly.

"Oh no! This is not good at all. We are so doomed!" Voch vailed. Neither satyr or dwarf paid any attention to it.

"Yes! It wasn’t my fault!" Grundis almost shouted. "The stupid sentinel and the white girl-"

"Stop. I do not care what happened."

Grundis and Voch both looked up to Istyros. He wasn’t angry about the lost artifact?

"You two will get the Key back, and bring it here before Hallows End – sentinels and white girls or no. Do you understand?" Istyros commanded.

"But-" Grundis started.

"Mistress, no!" Voch yelled, tugging urgently Grundis’ skirt. "Don’t start to argue with him."

Grundis looked at the little demon, suprised. “Voch, what?” It was clearly scared. Was it trying to save it’s own hide or help Grundis?

"Just agree with Master, please?"

Voch turned towards Istyros. “Master, we will get the Key back”, it groveled. “Just don’t hurt us, please!”

Satyr nodded. “Shouldn’t you be going already, then?”

---
TBC

I was doing some experiment with watermarks in the latter part, so they might or might not look good in the pictures. =.= Don't mind them.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Re: Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)|CHp. 2 begins 09/11/1

Postby oniakki » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm just now noticing the zipper half trim on the dwarf's outfit, neat idea!
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Trethowan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:54 pm

oniakki wrote:I'm just now noticing the zipper half trim on the dwarf's outfit, neat idea!

It's cool, isn't it.

I like where this is going! Great to see the satyr in action. He looks wicked!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby she_flame » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks, both. ^^ Next part will be about Chandira, but I promise, that Grundis, Voch and Istyros will be having more "on-screen" time.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:14 am

Oooh, this is looking interesting :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby she_flame » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:45 am

Next two parts in same post!

---

"Sometimes we must leave - pt.1"

Chandira has gotten unexpected visitor – Druid Winterleaf came to Forest Song camp, bringing a stack of books with him. “I hope these will assisst you in your studies, Chandira”, he said. “But the books weren’t only reason I came here. May we speak in private?”

Chandira led them outside of the Camp, to her favorite spot. She felt nervous, as they sat down.

"Do not fret, I just want to ask few questions about the Dwarf you and Sentinel Moonshadow encountered", druid reassured in low tones.

Chandira looked at the druid. “What about her?”

"Sentinel’s report said, that the Dwarf wanted you to help her with some magical door. Do you remember, what she said exactly?"

Chandira shook her head. “Not exact words, I am afraid. But she told me, that there was a door in some ruins, which could be opened by two persons – one using arcane magic and other powers of Light. And she wanted me to go with her and be the one using Light”, she explained, relaxing.

Druid shook his head. “Good thing you didn’t go with her.”

"Why? And why are you interested about this?" Chandira asked, knowing she might be too curious with things that were not hers to poke.

Winterleaf sighed.

With careful movements he took up a large metal disc, fully inscribed with odd runes.

"This is the relic she stole from her kinsmen, originally made by Night Elves of the past times. And even if the runes are ancient form of Darnassian, I was able to read them." He paused, turning the disc in his hands. "The runes say: The Seal will be broken by Sacrifice of Pure Heart of Light.

"A… Sacrifice?" Chandira said, and druid nodded.

"Most likely the Dwarf was trying to trick you to be one."

"But… why?"

"We do not know. But this relic contains remnants of very powerful macig. So I guess, that what ever her plans were, they weren’t with good intentions", he said slowly.

"Powerful macig? May I look it?" Chandira asked, intrigued. The disc didn’t look like anything Chandira had imagined magical artifacts would be.

"Be careful with it", Winterleaf said, handing the disc to Chandira.

As soon as Chandira got hold of the item, she gasped. She could feel something just from holding the disc. Like it would slightly vibrate with life of it’s own.

"It feels alive!" she exclaimed. "Is it the magic?"

"Yes, that is the magic", Winterleaf answered.

Neither of them noticed, that Shalunia had arrived near-by during the conversation.

"You are sensitive to magic, Chandira. Not many adepts of your skill would have regognized or felt the magic like that."

The compliment made Chandira to blush “Really?”

"Yes, really", druid said, smiling, and Chandira smiled back to him.

---

"Sometimes we must leave pt. 2"

Shalunia had arrived on Forest Song Camp, looking for Chandira. She didn’t have to ask around, as she knew the places around the camp young draenei favored for solitude and studying.

For Sentinel’s surprise, Chandira wasn’t alone. And for more unsettling to Shalunia was the ease Chandira smiled with the Night Elf man.

She felt betrayed. Few long moments Shalunia stood, not knowing if she should step forth or just slink away.

As she saw the man leaning toward Chandira and saying something that made the girl blush, she made her decision.

With long, sharp strides the elven warrior came into the clearing.

"Shalunia!" Chandira greeted. "I did not-"

"I came here to talk with you, but it seems this is our farewells", Shalunia said, as she stepped close to Chandira.

"What…" Chandira began, baffled. She didn’t understood what her friend was taking about, or the intensity in her eyes.

Without any warning, Shalunia closed the distance between them.

Everything seemed to stop.

And when Shalunia finally pulled back, Chandira felt more confused than ever.

"She kissed me! Shala kissed me", was only thing Chandira could think, as she lift her hand to her lips.

Sound of retreating footsteps drew her out of her reverie. Shalunia was striding away, leaving with no explanations.

"Shala! Shala, wait!" Chandira cried.

"Go after her, child", Winterleaf said. "We can continue our conversation in future."

And Chadira did as she was told.

Shalunia had not went far. Chandira found her near-by – eyes closed and seemingly lost in her thoughts.

"Please, do not run away", Chandira said, as she approached her.

"Why would you care?" elf replied curtly.

"I do not want to lose you", Chadira explained. "You-" are my friend, she meant to say, but couldn’t. Friends didn’t kiss like that.

"You are losing me anyway, Chandira", Shalunia said bitterly, turning to face Chandira. "I was coming to tell you, that I have new assingment on Felwood, and I have to leave tonight."

"But-"

"Neither of us can do nothing about it", Shalunia told. "And besides, you seem to have new company to entertain you", she spat, and walked away.

"Wait! Shala, please!" Chandira cried after her, but elf did not turn.

As Shalunia vanished between the trees, Chadira felt like she had lost something permanently.

Tears prickled in her eyes, and she let them come, as she collapsed on the ground. And Chandira cried – for the loss she could not yet name.

---

TBC
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Re: Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)|New! 09/13/14

Postby she_flame » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:29 am

New part is here! (Sorry about crappy picture quality!)

---

"Actions are taken."

Druid Winterleaf found still sobbing Chandira as he had started looking for her after a while. He guided her to back at Forest Song Camp and to her tent to recover from her agitation.

Druid had left Chandira alone as she had stopped crying. She still felt teary, as she wiped her eyes, determined not to cry anymore for now.

She ignored soft footsteps coming in to her tent. She could see Winterleaf’s feet, as he stopped nearby.

"I do not know, if you want my company, child", druid said quietly.

"But at least accept this cup of tea", he continued, offering the cup towards Chandira.

"For me?" Chandira asked softly.

"Yes, I thought it would help", Winterleaf said, sitting down on Chadira’s bed. "There is chamomille, mint and honey for calming effect."

"Thank you", she said and took the cup.

Moment they sat in silence, Chandira sipping her tea.

"Chandira, I know this is not the best moment. You are still upset. But I have to propose something", Winterleaf said suddenly.

Chandira looked up. “What is it?”

"I would like to you to come with me, as I leave to Felwood to search and examine the ruins that Dwarf spoke about. Could you do that?"

Chandira lowered her head. To leave with Winterleaf on some expedition? What use could she be there?

"I- what about my studies here?" Chandira whispered.

"Do not worry about that, child. I am no Anchorite, but I am sure I can provide guidance to you. Even if my magic is magic of Night elves and our goddess Elune", druid assured.

"You would be quite help to me, Chandira", he continued. "We could train you to control and use your magical sensitivity to point out the remains of ancient magic."

Chandira just shook her head minutely.

Winterleaf nodded to her, and rose to his feet. “You do not have to answer right away, child. But I am leaving day after tomorrow.”

Chandira nodded quietly to him. Idea of leaving frightened her. And Felwood was not the friendliest of places…

Druid turned towards the door-flap, ready to leave, when Chandira thought something.

"Wait!" she called.

"The ruins? You said they are in Felwood?"

Winterleaf turned. “Yes, if sentinel’s report and your memory are correct, they indeed are in Felwood”, he answered.

Chandira rose upright, too. “I-“, she began but faltered. “I am coming with you”, she said.

She had remembered Shalunia saying that her mission would be in Felwood, too. Forest was big and dangerous, but Chandira hoped, that she might had a chance to meet the elf, and try to fix whatever had gone wrong.

"I will accompany you to Felwood, Winterleaf."

Maybe she’d not succeed on this, but sitting in Forest Song Camp would not repair the broken friendship, either.

---
TBC
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Re: Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)|New! 09/26/14

Postby Eseme » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:25 pm

I want to stay in her tent! So cozy looking! And such a fun story. I am loving this one.

Also, Chandria's wig is so etherial. It is lovely.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby she_flame » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks! I also love her wig, it fits her so well. ^^ And it was fun to think about how I could do her tent.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby she_flame » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Beware of violence here!

---

"Oh no, not again!"

Chandira and Winterleaf have travelled towards North, and within short time lush summer had given way to bleak autumn. Chandira was not sure anymore, if the expedition was so good idea as it seemed to be back then.

Everyday Winterleaf has took at least few moments of time to train and guide Chandira to use her magical abilities.

"Are you sure covering my eyes will help anything?" she asked, feeling frustrated.

Winterleaf hmm-ed. “Losing one sense is sometimes strenghtening the others, and it also keeps you better focused”, he explained patiently. “So, try again. Am I using any magic in any form?”

Chandira consentrated.

"No, you are not. I can still feel the vibrations of the Disc, but nothing from you", she said slowly.

"Good, that’s right", druid praised. "Next we-"

"We what?", Chandira asked, starting to remove the blindfold. "Is something wrong?" she continued, as she saw worried expression on druid’s face.

"Nothing is wrong, child", Winterleaf assured her. "Next we should try same – you feeling if I do or not do use magic – but while you are holding this. It’s own magic will make harder to you-" he stopped short again.

"You can come out from hiding", he called. "You are not as unnoticeable as you think!"

"To whom is he talking about?" Chandira wondered.

"Shalunia!" Chandira cried, as elf’s familiar form dropped down from tree near-by. "What are you doing here?"

Shalunia ignored draenei, and walked towards Winterleaf with an agry scowl.

"You have become sloppy, sentinel Moonshadow", he greeted her.

"At least I do not go around stealing like you, druid", she spat.

"What are you talking about, Shala?" Chandira asked, but did not got any answer. Surely Winterleaf had not stolen the elven artifact?

"I have not stolen anything – or anyone – which you are suggesting here", Winterleaf replied with dry tone. "She is here from her own will."

Quickly Shalunia stepped closer to druid. “Thief and a liar, too”, she barked. “I. Saw. It.” And with every word, she shoved Winterleaf backwards.

"Keep your hands off, sentinel!"

"Should have thought that yourself!"

With growing fear, Chandira wathced the elves shouting to each other.

"Please, stop!" she begged desperately. "Please, Shala, please!"

But instead of calming the elf down, Chandira’s words spurred her onwards. Chandira could only watch as Shalunia leaped, tripped Winterleaf on the ground and tumbled on top of him. She raised her fist, starting to strike him.

"By the Naaru! I cannot watch this!" Chandira thought, feeling sick and powerless.

So Chandira turned and fleed – clutching still the artefact in her hands.

"She is not like that!", she thought as she dashed blindly away. "Shalunia is gentle and kind – not violent like that!"

But Chandira’s flight was stopped short. She cried out and stumbled on the ground, as she felt immaterial bonds bind her.

"See, Mistress. Laying in wait was brilliant plan!" Chandira heard familiar high-pitched voice.

"At least it worked. Now we have the Key and a Sacrifice to deliver to Master Istyros."

"Tell him that he should summon three, as we have a guest", Grundis told.

Chandira tried to struggle, but what-ever spell held her down was too powerful.

"Yes, Master. We are ready now", she heard the imp say, and felt strange magic to swallow her.

And with that the clearing was as empty as moments ago. Only small glimmer of pale gold remained to tell that anyone had been there.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone